Caad 10 dura ace or Cervelo S1 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

User Name

by User Name

I just wanna add that I'm surprised how relatively expensive S1 frames still are in this 'carbonphile' climate. Sure, there are probably bargains to be found here and there, especially for used ones, but even Total Cycling still sell them for over a grand.
http://www.totalcycling.com/a-z/frames_ ... LO_S1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sure, they're great frames, and I'd buy another one in a second for the right price, but still.....
Eh, just sayin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

User Name

by User Name

VPR wrote:
User Name wrote:I've seen a few alu Soloists with the little crack near the gap at the back of the seat tube, including mine.

And with the lifetime Cervélo warranty you will get a carbon Soloist (S2) for it since the alu version isn't available any more. :D

Ha! If I only I bought it new from a shop. :D
I got the frame new from a private seller who, funnily enough, got it as a warranty replacement for his cracked one, but decided to get something different while he was waiting for the warranty claim to come through.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

User Name wrote:I just wanna add that I'm surprised how relatively expensive S1 frames still are in this 'carbonphile' climate. Sure, there are probably bargains to be found here and there, especially for used ones, but even Total Cycling still sell them for over a grand.
http://www.totalcycling.com/a-z/frames_ ... LO_S1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sure, they're great frames, and I'd buy another one in a second for the right price, but still.....
Eh, just sayin

I think if you ask the question of most shops they'd cut you a deal, I got mine for £600 new.

User Name

by User Name

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:
User Name wrote:S1s...still relatively expensive for alu

I think if you ask the question of most shops they'd cut you a deal, I got mine for £600 new.
Not bad. Was that online or at a shop?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Chain reaction has a sale going on Ridley Phaeton as well. Not the stiffest, but really comfy for Alu and definitely aero.

billysan

by billysan

I have an S1 and a CAAD8, each with over 5000km use, so can probably offer a reasonable comparison.

To cut potentially long post very short - the CAAD8 is my go-to bike.

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

I asked myself that same question a couple years ago (not Dura-ace, but 105) and went with the S1. It's a great bike, but a little heavy and not very comfortable. Mine is about 17 lbs.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:
User Name wrote:I just wanna add that I'm surprised how relatively expensive S1 frames still are in this 'carbonphile' climate. Sure, there are probably bargains to be found here and there, especially for used ones, but even Total Cycling still sell them for over a grand.
http://www.totalcycling.com/a-z/frames_ ... LO_S1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eh, just sayin

Sorry that was TRI UK , Yeovil.