Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Drappo

by Drappo

Wonderful, what else????
Alhoa

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Fantastic build. I think classic drop bars would look absolutely fantastic on that bike, but I know that you prefer these AX ones.

What would you have to do to get this bike in the 9 lb range?

I know that you love your Continental tires, but if you went all out for weight (no other considerations other than no Tufos), what would you do?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sedluk

by sedluk

I do not see any easy ways for me to lower the weight. I have a Dash Strike 9 saddle sitting around, it weighs 113 grams so would save a little. I have not had a chance to try it out, I have tried plenty of other lighter saddles and so far have not found one I like better than the Antares 00.

I have tried RZR wheels, dchesrown likes them but I prefer the Obermayers. The problem with changing from the Obermayers is that there is a big drop in stiffness with any lighter option.

As far as tires, it is really a matter of roads. If Holmes, Knox and Coshocton county where they have a bunch of Amish buggies all of a sudden decide to spend more on fresh blacktop then other tires choices would make a lot of sense. I am not holding my breath.

There was a minimal drop in overall bike weight from the R5ca to the Rca, something like 11.35 to 11.25 lbs. And I do not see any big weigh reductions in components on the horizon. The frame weight is getting to be such a small part of the overall bike weight that it is hard to see how they can make them any lighter. I like the Carbonsports Taxc bottles, a full size Tacx water bottle full of water weighs 900 grams.

williamsf1

by williamsf1

mate can we have some more photos of this ?

oh and I love that you took the shot with a 1D-X and 400 2.8!!! my style :D