Campagnolo Bullet Limited?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Is this a one-off Campagnolo Bullet wheelset for Ridley or are these available for the consumer?

(i'm referring to the Bora-like stickers on these Bulllets)

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-med ... h=2000&a=7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r_mutt

by r_mutt

no one has ever seen these?

nicrump

by nicrump

these are a stock campy item. check their website.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

nicrump wrote:these are a stock campy item. check their website.

the wheels are stock, yes, except for the stickers on them. the campagnolo website has 2 variations of stickers- one with red/white/carbon the other with grey/white/carbpn.

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/wheels ... atid_9.jsp"

none are in the Bora-style font that i posted.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

This is a special production for Ridley.
As Campagnolo was sponsoring the Lotto team, Ridley as a bikemanufacturer was obliged to buy a certain turn-over oof Campagnolo parts. Never noticed how Ridley turned from pro Sram to pro Campagnolo on their bikes?

r_mutt

by r_mutt

thank you for that explanation. i think campagnolo would do well to switch over to that "older" look. the newer style is ugly!

fivethirtyonepm

by fivethirtyonepm

yup... and if you remove the stickers, the warranty on the wheels is voided.

the manufacturers warranty definitions state this, and this was backed up by the uk importer.

i had bullet 50's on my cinelli pro best of' and i personally found them ugly as sin to look at.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

This has come up before and doesn't make sense. Why does Campag offer replacement decals as a spare?

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

r_mutt wrote:thank you for that explanation. i think campagnolo would do well to switch over to that "older" look. the newer style is ugly!

Agreed on the old look but the stickers on those wheels are entirely Ridley's design not Campagnolo at all.

Removing stickers can't possibly void the warranty. Not within EU legal warranty period anyhow.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

TimW

by TimW

The stickers posted on that Ridley bike look much better than the stock Campagnolo ones.

I want to like these wheels but they are just too heavy and a the shape is a bit old fashioned for deeper section wheels? I'm sure they roll well though, especially on Campagnolo bearings.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

TimW wrote:The stickers posted on that Ridley bike look much better than the stock Campagnolo ones.

I want to like these wheels but they are just too heavy and a the shape is a bit old fashioned for deeper section wheels? I'm sure they roll well though, especially on Campagnolo bearings.

i'm glad we all agree. now if we can procure some of these stickers from Ridley, that would be great :wink: apparently, the Noah Fast in the picture is only available as a frameset, so these wheels don't seem to be on same by Ridley either. perhaps it was a prototype sticker made for a photoshoot.

http://www.ridley-bikes.com/us/en/bikes ... -bike-info

as far as weight is concerned, they seem to be in line with other wheels that are constructed with aluminum brake tracks and carbon fairings- like the HED Jet 6FR- as a matter of fact, it's lighter than that wheels set in Ultra flavor.

User Name

by User Name

Did you buy them? Do the stickers come off, or are they painted on?
Thanks

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

They are stickers, not painted on. I haven't attempted to remove them as they were the reason why I bought this version rather than the standard stickers. I got mine last year from Merlin Cycles in the UK.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

User Name

by User Name

ALAN Carbon+ wrote:They are stickers, not painted on. I haven't attempted to remove them as they were the reason why I bought this version rather than the standard stickers. I got mine last year from Merlin Cycles in the UK.
Thanks very much :thumbup: