Wonderful, what else????
Alhoa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Fantastic build. I think classic drop bars would look absolutely fantastic on that bike, but I know that you prefer these AX ones.

What would you have to do to get this bike in the 9 lb range?

I know that you love your Continental tires, but if you went all out for weight (no other considerations other than no Tufos), what would you do?

sedluk

by sedluk

I do not see any easy ways for me to lower the weight. I have a Dash Strike 9 saddle sitting around, it weighs 113 grams so would save a little. I have not had a chance to try it out, I have tried plenty of other lighter saddles and so far have not found one I like better than the Antares 00.

I have tried RZR wheels, dchesrown likes them but I prefer the Obermayers. The problem with changing from the Obermayers is that there is a big drop in stiffness with any lighter option.

As far as tires, it is really a matter of roads. If Holmes, Knox and Coshocton county where they have a bunch of Amish buggies all of a sudden decide to spend more on fresh blacktop then other tires choices would make a lot of sense. I am not holding my breath.

There was a minimal drop in overall bike weight from the R5ca to the Rca, something like 11.35 to 11.25 lbs. And I do not see any big weigh reductions in components on the horizon. The frame weight is getting to be such a small part of the overall bike weight that it is hard to see how they can make them any lighter. I like the Carbonsports Taxc bottles, a full size Tacx water bottle full of water weighs 900 grams.

williamsf1

by williamsf1

mate can we have some more photos of this ?

oh and I love that you took the shot with a 1D-X and 400 2.8!!! my style :D