Weenie Mallorca emergency, need frame or rental

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Hey all,
First day out for the week, 100m from hotel after a fantastic day and managed to find a corner completely covered in stones :-(

Any shop that could move a group set over quick or has good bike rentals? I speak Spanish.

Bugger

Rogue

by Rogue

Where are you in Mallorca?
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Near Inca till Tuesday, then Deia rest of the week. I have a car, can travel.

Privateer

by Privateer

Ouch. Thant's not good. I trust you're okay?

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a decent hire bike:
http://www.procyclehire.com/index.php?option=com_hireman&task=allproducts&Itemid=79&lang=en
http://palmaonbike.com/?portfolio=road-focus-cayo
http://ciclosquintana.com/bike-rentals?lang=en

Since you have a car you can get to pretty much anywhere on the island and back to your base in a day.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah, I'm nursing a pretty bad pride injury at the moment ;-) was literally going 10kph and tried to double back a missed turn and hit all gravel and sand. Oh, and the usual cuts and scrapes, what's a bit more skin on the road?

Will check those out, called and texted pro bike hire and they're close and seem good dudes. Hope someone is open Easter Monday. I jinxed myself by taking my trail running shoes 'just in case.'

Was even having one of those 'I forgot I loved this bike so much' days (Isaac sonic) after training on the ali so far this year with all the miserable weather. I guess that 595 won't be a superfluous purchase after all!

Rogue

by Rogue

There is a pretty decent shop in Binissalem as well. If they are open, they are usually pretty well-stocked.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Cool thanks weenies, will let ya know how I get in. Maybe I should just go down to Alcudia and snag a dogma off Sky...I mean, I know they're ugly, but needs must!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Much better to rent a whole bike here, time wasted in fitting it up etc.
I know all the rental places so pm me if you want me to ring round for you..
Sescapada in Inca, near the Hiper Supermarket and does hire rental but brings the bikes from Campos so there may be a delay
Gomilla (in Binissalem) is a great shop but not much of a hire business. Theres also a good shop in Pto Pollenca called Pollenca Cycling which rents out Kuotas. (I doubt Pro Cycle Hire, Bruces place in Pto Pollenca, will have much stock left now)

Id just pop up to Max Huzeler on the main drap between Pto Alcudia and Can Picafort (its HUGE white tent on the sea side of the road) and get something there, they have the most bikes and availability will not be an issue.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Thanks! Yeah, pro bike hire was outta stock. Ended up with a planet x with stan force from 2gocycling. It'll get the job done.

On a side note, I have a habit of building up older, but nice frames that were good in their day with nice campag kit and zondas, neutron tubies, and even throw on the carbon tubs from time to time. Gosh darnit if those things still dont ride better than 80% of new bikes out there today and total build cost around 1500 euros.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Actually bumped into the van der poel boys who were out on their first camp post-cx season. I had ridden with them a couple of years ago on a Rabo do cause their dad Adrie was the ring leader. Anyhoo we were descending a back road and all 3 of us had to unclip at one point or another. Here I was thinking 'not again!' and 2 cx studs were also screwed :-D luckily everyone came out rubber side up.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

today was scary, tomorrow Im staying in the hotel!
Some time lapse photography from a client
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

PSM

by PSM

Leviathan wrote:today was scary, tomorrow Im staying in the hotel!
Some time lapse photography from a client
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Que?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Managed to dodge the worst by going out early. Flying out today, not sure I'll get anything in, but to be fair am pretty shagged already!