how to tell if it's 2012 or 2013 SRAM Red?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

saw 2013 SRAM Red last night and drooled.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCe4-WQT_7w

fell in love with the YAW....

roadytracky

by roadytracky

What you're referring to as "2013 SRAM Red" is officially called "2012 SRAM Red." If you go to SRAM's web site or look at any of SRAM's literature, they refer to it as "2012 Red." I don't know if it's confusing, but it's certainly annoying.

Regardless, I rode Campy for years, got fed up with ergonomics that didn't work for me, and finally switched over to Shimano. Yes, I have become a hardcore Shimano fan, but 2012 Red (2013 Red as you know it) has won me over as far as mechanical goes (Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 is the greatest group I've ever experienced by far). I have been riding 2012 Red for a month now, and I love it. Yeah, it's far from perfect: the loud plasticky click sound when shifting, that telegraphs your every move sucks, but the rest of the group works great.

I too would love a set of KCNC C7 brakes eventually (and some spiderweb rings).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigismond0

by sigismond0

And everything just got even worse. D:

addictR1

by addictR1

for me.. hearing that click on the youtube vid was nice. i like the fact that it's a solid shift. i don't race or anything.. so maybe that won't bother me too much. can't wait to try it on. still waiting for the groupset to be shipped... tick tock..