Nashbar Carbon frameset, Udi2, carbon clinchers, NOW W/PICS!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LowCel

by LowCel

I'm normally not a fan of colored tires but those really work with this build. Great job!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LocoDuck

by LocoDuck

Unusual colour way but it looks great, good job! :thumbup:

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Certainly not colors I would have chosen for my own bike, but my wife wanted purple so she got purple.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

looking forward to pictures with a slim saddle and everything all set up just so.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

This will be going on once it arrives...

kulivontot

by kulivontot

No KMC Chain?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

If it came in VIOLET!

zooted

by zooted

Looks great. About to build one up myself, a few questions:

Where did you buy your Ring-Go-Star and for how much?

Any tips on the internal cable routing? What method did you use? Any unexpected hiccups?

Did you have any problems with keeping the seatpost in place, did it tend to move?

Any more pics of the cable routing near the crank? The hole where the Di2 battery cable goes in--it only serves a purpose if you're using Di2, correct?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Unfortunately I am away from home for two weeks so cannot provide any additional photos.

I had the ring-o-star in my parts box. It's not bad, but I plan to look for a more traditional expander plug when I get back.

For the internal routing, it wasn't too difficult. The rear brake was the hardest. I routed the inner wire from the front of the bike, through the frame, and out the back. Then I pushed the housing through from the rear using the inner wire to guide it. The holes for the brake cable were a little rough resulting in some gouges in the housing. Not a big deal with black housing. It took time and patience, but wasn't a nightmare.

The holes for the internal wiring were much better. And the holes machined into the bottom bracket junction were huge. You are correct that the battery wire hole is superfluous if not using an external battery... as is the battery mounting hardware. There is a separate routing hole for the front derailleur if you are using mechanical, so you wind up with two unused holes if you're going that route. However, plugs are available, or you can just cover with a small piece of black tape.

The first seatpost I tried (Ritchey alloy, 27.2) slipped no matter how much I tightened the clamp. The second post I tried (BBB Carbon, 27.2) did not slip at all. Obviously there is some variance between manufacturers of seatposts. Regardless, I recommend some carbon fixing paste.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Here are a few more photos of the bike (and rider). Fit and finish are pretty much final now. My wife doesn't like the Ultegra pedals so we will likely switch back to her old Crankbrothers.

I'm no pro photographer, but I took this shots at the request of Giro. My wife won a contest for their Women's Series Gear Makeover and received a new helmet, shoes, gloves, and socks. This is her "take the kids to school, get some exercise, and bring home the groceries" getup. She was really pleased to have been selected by Giro for this prize and loves the ladies gear they provided her. I think she was equally pleased that they had a colorway to match the bike.

tc4all

by tc4all

Thinking of the same build or 11 spd electric. What do you think about it now and how is the comfort? Lastly, sounds like a few screwy things to deal with in the build. Would you still recommend it?

addictR1

by addictR1

hi Ted, i'm so glad i found your post. i just bought the same frame for my wife and the frame will be here next wednesday. quick question on the shifter cable used.. did you use jagwire XL version or? nashbar told me i need a longer cable, but didn't specify which one. will be building it up with DA7800 group that i got from my riding buddy. will be transfering the parts from his 2007 allez pro to this bike for my wife.

how does your wife like it so far? is the frame stiff and good for climbs? thanks..

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I built the bike with di2 so didn't need traditional derailleur cables. The rear brake required full length housing run through the frame.

My wife loves the bike. It's the first real "high-end" bike she's ever had. She came from a Klein Aura V softail. So this is much lighter and stiffer. But she says it feels faster. We're currently in the Netherlands so no real climbin experience with the bike. But I suspect it would be good on climbs as well.

addictR1

by addictR1

Thanks Ted for the feedback. Did she.experienced and cable slap while riding from the brake line that was internally routed?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

No note of the cable housing rattling or slapping in the frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com