New Scott Addict spotted!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

record

by record

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/rac ... f-flanders

Pretty interesting. Altough if the weight is true I think it shows how ahead of it's time the old addict was in terms of stiffness and lightness.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Looks like a very interesting cross between the old Addict and the Foil. Nice setup overall.

And if they can get the weight down to Addict level, 750-775gm level that will be an impressive rig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

I was trying to remember what the old one was. Size 58, 2011 model, from Jason Millron (before he went green):

jvanv8

by jvanv8

The weights on the old Addict were often higher/lower depending on the seatpost and BB options.
Near the end of life, they starting beefing them up and it was typically hit or miss..
With the Foil having a clear aero advantage, it would seem rather pointless to produce an Addict unless it was significantly lighter. Especially since it appears that the geometries are similar or identical (according to the CyclingNews article).

Here are mine (both Size L, 56, standard BB, no ISP)

Forks (Uncut)

AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

nigel379

by nigel379

As for the geometries being similar the article states "Geometry appears to be carried over from the Foil, with a low front end that had even team riders running at least a few millimeters of headset spacers beneath their stems". Most of the team riders don't have spacers on their foils so I think at the least the headtube is shorter. Or they are running a touch higher specifically for Flanders (doubtful). I'm sure we will know soon enough.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I was there. I was convinced it was just a new seapost design for the foil... and focused on that. Missing entirely that is was a new addict... :shock:

New Foil by Trek tokig, on Flickr
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

djconnel

by djconnel

Did they thin down the downtube at all? The old Addict was fairly fat there. The Cannondale Evo and Cervelo RCa are a lot more restrained there, as is (of course) the Foil. I never liked that design feature.

djconnel

by djconnel

Press release on consumer version: The Scott Addict Ultra Limited.

I look forward to being able to ride one of these gorgeous machines soon.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

got to be April fools joke

mythical

by mythical

Sure looks like an elaborate one then... :wink:

My old Addict R1 was repaired and sold after a crack in the top tube at the front rear brake cable boss of about 1/3 of the circumference. As a former owner, I'm not inclined to go for a new one...Image
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

@ Mythical considering the Addict came out in 2007 and a´ll Scotts have a 5 year warranty period I dont get why you repaired it? Did you miss the warranty by the smallest margin or what?

mythical

by mythical

My bike (MY08) fell with the top tube against something sharp when the wind blew it over, which was my own fault for placing it there. The crack, which was about 1/3rd of the circumference of the top tube at the front rear brake cable boss, wasn't covered by warranty, and it was no manufacturer defect. I only rode that Addict for a while longer before replacing it with my much preferred custom Spooky Skeletor. :)
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

mythical wrote:My bike (MY08) fell with the top tube against something sharp when the wind blew it over, which was my own fault for placing it there. The crack, which was about 1/3rd of the circumference of the top tube at the front rear brake cable boss, wasn't covered by warranty, and it was no manufacturer defect. I only rode that Addict for a while longer before replacing it with my much preferred custom Spooky Skeletor. :)

So why make it sound like there was something wrong with the bike...? :roll:

mythical

by mythical

Headtube too tall

pawnii

by pawnii

So will the new Addict slot in under the Foil in terms of price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2012 Scott Foil Premium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com