Gaulzetti Corsa

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

It's the 40mm SB14 I have.

Just picking up from a discussion I had about it previously, I recall that...
- The measurement from the bottom edge of the topper to the saddle rails is 100mm
- The actual insert of the topper (i.e. how 'deep' it is) is 60mm
- this tells me that the minimum insert of the 40mm version is 20mm (i.e. 20mm + the 40mm 'adjustment range')
- Assuming this 20mm min insert is correct you have between 40mm and 80mm from the top of your ISP to your saddle rails
- To get your saddle height right you'd need to know your normal saddle height, subtract the depth of the saddle from that (i.e. saddle rails to saddle top) and then subtract at least 40mm (and up to 80mm)

I'll check the wight of it later.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdp211

by jdp211

Still need to look into pmp for a topper, but for now everything is working as needed. Some thoughts on the bike now that I've got a fair amount of miles on it. This is probably the best bike I've ever ridden. Everything that you've read about these is true, and if you're looking for a purebred race machine, I don't think there's one better than a corsa. As I mentioned earlier, it's way stiff, super smooth, and handles like a finely honed razor. Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but if you can fit on one, and I know the geo tends to air on the aggressive side, I can't recommend it enough. I was definitely skeptical of the ISP from a comfort standpoint, but there's something to what Craig is doing that's just so right. It feels like this frame happened by accident, contacted James at embro on a whim and he happened to have this frame in my size, but I'm lucky to have gotten it.
Race season starts in just a few short weeks and I can't wait to put this rocket through its paces. I'll be a marked man in the peloton for sure.

jdp211

by jdp211

New wheels arrived today, hopefully tires arrive in time to be glued for Battenkill. Record hubs (black) to Campy Barcelona rims. Ordered up some Pave CX's in 27 to be glued. Will post pics once its all set up.

Colonia

by Colonia

jdp211 wrote:Stem is on the short side, but its what I need fit-wise. More pictures to come, but though the weather in western PA has been nice for the season, I haven't had an opportunity for good (as good as iPhone pics can be) outdoor photos. In other news, this thing is an absolute rocketship. Stiff in all the right places, super smooth (though that's likely attributable to wheel/tire choice), and handles like a dream. A more complete report on the ride will come later, definitely after I've had a chance to race it, but preliminary observations are that everybody should try one of these before glossing over aluminum as a thing of the past. Only downside I can think of is the weight. As pictured and ridden, it weights 17lbs on the dot. Weird that I've gone from a 13.5 pound wonder bike a year ago to a no nonsense race bike.

Your stem length is fine. 8-9 cm is a standard length on a 54 TT.

corky

by corky

Colonia wrote:
jdp211 wrote:Stem is on the short side, but its what I need fit-wise. More pictures to come, but though the weather in western PA has been nice for the season, I haven't had an opportunity for good (as good as iPhone pics can be) outdoor photos. In other news, this thing is an absolute rocketship. Stiff in all the right places, super smooth (though that's likely attributable to wheel/tire choice), and handles like a dream. A more complete report on the ride will come later, definitely after I've had a chance to race it, but preliminary observations are that everybody should try one of these before glossing over aluminum as a thing of the past. Only downside I can think of is the weight. As pictured and ridden, it weights 17lbs on the dot. Weird that I've gone from a 13.5 pound wonder bike a year ago to a no nonsense race bike.

i disgree ..... a std length for a 54 tt is more like 110mm..... which probably means there is no standard

Colonia

by Colonia

corky wrote:
Colonia wrote:

i disgree ..... a std length for a 54 tt is more like 110mm..... which probably means there is no standard

110 is standard for a 56 TT.

jdp211

by jdp211

"Gravel mode" with 27s stuffed under it. Picked up a new pair of wheels recently (record hubs to Campy Barcelona rims, tubular of course). Rides like a cloud with such bulbous tires on. Too bad I'm such a slow poke.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Sweet. Need one of these for my winter bike. (Just an excuse to buy another bicycle.) If only they came in a more florescent shade of green.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

jdp211

by jdp211

Instagram makes the paint look more yellow than it actually is. I think if you pick one up you'll quickly find that it'll become your go to. It's certainly more a crit machine than a grand tour bike, but its just as fun and at home with balloon-like 27's over dirt as it is railing it into corners.