Specialized Roubaix under BB Di2 Battery Mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

billyd0012

by billyd0012

Hey Guy's,

I'm just about to build up a new to me SL4 Tarmac with 7970 Di2.

I went to the LBS and saw the new under BB battery mount on the Roubaix's. It looks like it's a simple job of removing the existing cable guide and screwing in the mount. Does anyone know the part # and cost to buy it from Specialized?

I know I can go with internal battery kit for $160, but want to keep the funds down and don't want to invest too much into what is becoming a obsolete group. Furthermore, the Specialized mount will work perfectly with my existing internal wire set-up (switching from a 2010 Madone 6.9).

Thanks,

Bill
Last edited by billyd0012 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mlchang

by mlchang

I have the madone under BB mount laying around. Let me find it. We can work out a deal. It uses a flatter bolt head to allow the battery to slide off and on. PM me and I can send photos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billyd0012

by billyd0012

mlchang wrote:I have the madone under BB mount laying around. Let me find it. We can work out a deal. It uses a flatter bolt head to allow the battery to slide off and on. PM me and I can send photos

Thanks for the response, but I already have the Madone under BB mount. Looking to pick-up a Specialized under mount for the Tarmac SL4 that I'm building.

Cheers, Bill

Dammit

by Dammit

If you are using 7970 then put the battery in the seatpost or seat tube- this may not be pretty, but it's good for 1,500 km:

Total cost is ~£10

mlchang

by mlchang

So if you are stripping the Madone, won't the Madone mount probably bolt to the Tarmac? Unless you are planning on selling the Madone... But if you are hanging on to it, just use that mount for now. If you upgrade to 9070 and E-tube wiring with internal battery in the future you can put the mount back on the Madone

billyd0012

by billyd0012

Thanks for the suggestion. I might go that route. If you've seen the Specialized though, you will see that it's a nicely made mount to fit perfectly under the BB.

mlchang

by mlchang

I do understand the appeal of those perfectly made parts. Good luck with this project!

billyd0012

by billyd0012

FYI, just got the part from the LBS today.

Part#S139900038 - Msc my13 SL4 BB Electronic Mount Kit for Di2.

It replaces the shift wire guide and cleanly mounts the Di2 battery under the BB.

MarkOut

by MarkOut

billyd0012 wrote:FYI, just got the part from the LBS today.

Part#S139900038 - Msc my13 SL4 BB Electronic Mount Kit for Di2.

It replaces the shift wire guide and cleanly mounts the Di2 battery under the BB.

Would you please post a pic of it? I asked my LBS to order one of these, should be here next week.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

That is pretty cool the solution including the zip tie on the SL4 is a joke. You have to post pictures and show up the install.