Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Juggler

by Juggler

kylefoo wrote:Juggler, your order includes wheelsbag? we do wait for them but fortunely which arrived yesterday. An advice here, if one's order is urgent&special, i would like to recommend him place order directly from our sales, enjoying regular and clear communication, while on Velobuild which is incharged by Mae(manager) who shows more busy, sometimes cannot deal with emails you sent promtly.

What is your order#?

kyle Fu

I have finally received an answer from Mae. It appears you were out of spokes in the exact length used for my wheels. The wheels should be shipped out monday or tuesday. So I keep my fingers crossed... worst case, I will have to consider what Colin said.

My order was not that urgent, when I ordered the wheels. But since it has now been more than 3 weeks, and they are not shipped yet, it is becoming a bit urgent - my trip to Mallorca is in 4 weeks from now (but I would like to break them in before going). Nothing special at all - just a group buy offer on Velobuild.com. But if I had known there was a faster way, I would of course have done that. Npte to my self... always mail directly to Kyle.

The order # is W2FUDKQZ29HU9.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

leejdavies

by leejdavies

Tempted by a set of 24mm wide clincher rims. 50mm front and 60mm rear. Anyone have an opinion on which rim is best. The 24mm version or the 25mm version?

Also, regarding the shape difference which is best? I thought the U (firecrest-like) shape hence the choice to go with the 24mm rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thegunner

by thegunner

out of curiosity - has anyone gotten these in 32h drillings yet? any concerns?

ms6073

by ms6073

kylefoo wrote:38mm*20.5mm but not 24mm width is testing now. will come out soon.
Thanks. Can you advise if there are plans for a 38mm*25mm rim?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

ms6073 wrote:
kylefoo wrote:38mm*20.5mm but not 24mm width is testing now. will come out soon.
Thanks. Can you advise if there are plans for a 38mm*25mm rim?

So far we have not plan for 38mm*25mm width.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

I want to post some photoes on, but i cannot find which button to upload? Could any one want to tell me? Or my rate is not enough that has no this function for me?
FarSports carbon wheels
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

theremery

by theremery

try a file storage site and post a link :)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

mentok

by mentok

kylefoo wrote:I want to post some photoes on, but i cannot find which button to upload? Could any one want to tell me? Or my rate is not enough that has no this function for me?

just go to www.imgur.com, upload them there and post links?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Kylefoo - get the address of the image

then click on the button "Img" which is above the advanced posting area.
Enter in the address between the two areas, like this:

[img]ADRESSHERE[/img]
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

hiro11

by hiro11

Now that I've had my FSC50-CA (50MM carbon clinchers, alloy braking) wheels for a few weeks, here's a quick review:

Good:
1,540g for the set out of the box sans skewers. 680/860g. Very respectable for this type of wheel.
Reasonably true out of the box, tension seems high and even judging by sound. Not 100% perfectly, dead straight true but just fine to ride on straight away.
Extremely comfortable, compliant ride. These are my first carbon wheels and I was not anticipating this bonus. These wheels have made a huge difference in ride comfort, even with very stiff flat-resistant training tires and a very stiff racing frame.
Novatec hubs seem fine, but early days here.
Nicely finished matte 3K on mine, weave is nice and straight and the weave join is well done. Nowhere to hide crap quality on undecaled wheels, these look great.
Great braking on the textured alloy surface.

Bad:
Metal fragment in the rear freehub mechanism on delivery caused the freehub to run very rough and could have destroyed the entire mechanism. This required complete disassembly / cleaning of the freehub to fix (actually not that big a deal). Runs smooth as silk now, but this should have been caught.

Ambiguous:
CX-Ray spokes are seriously flimsy looking ribbons of metal, but they're apparently strong. Looks like shockingly little metal to me, but people ride these everyday without problems, apparently. DO NOT get a finger stuck in a turning wheel with these spokes, they are like razors.

Overall, I love riding these wheels. Aero benefits seem somewhat hard to prove to me, but the comfortable, compliant ride these wheels offer is simply a revelation. I also like the soft thrum they make. I'll stick with carbon wheels from now on, $500 for the set makes these very reasonable even as everyday training wheels...

Freehub issue out of the box was annoying but easily remedied. Still should have been caught: spinning the rear wheel and holding the freehub body made an obvious noise of serious broken crap floating around in there. 15 minutes of disassembly, cleaning and relubing with mineral oil solved the problem. At least I know how to take these apart now...

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

prendrefeu wrote:Kylefoo - get the address of the image

then click on the button "Img" which is above the advanced posting area.
Enter in the address between the two areas, like this:

[img]ADRESSHERE[/img]

Thank you guys.
FarSports carbon wheels

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

clincher, 50mm*20.5mm, 38mm*20.5mm, Aero Dynamic Shape newest versions available. http://www.farsports.com/product/detail.php/id-141.html
FarSports carbon wheels

tomaz69

by tomaz69

Where this can be found on your web page?

astranoc

by astranoc

Do the FSC20-T have any weight limit?

ms6073

by ms6073

kylefoo wrote:clincher, 50mm*20.5mm, 38mm*20.5mm, Aero Dynamic Shape newest versions available.

Kyle, you need to post the address (url) of the images, not the webpage. To do this, hover the mouse cursor over the image itslef, right-click and then with Internet Explorer select 'Copy Shortcut' or for Google Chrome 'Copy Image URL':
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com