Alligator i-links + eebrakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

adrianishikawa

by adrianishikawa

Hello guys, just joined WW.
Just ordered a pair of 2013 eebrakes with the new updated cable adjust screws, somehow unable to fit the Alligator I-links cable stop into the adjust screw. The cable stops were too big in diameter. However have seen the cable stopper fit in the adjust screws in the following URL. Any help please ? :cry: Anyone using I-links with the new eebrakes?

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/02/bikes-of-the-bunch-cyfac-absolu/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Reg the assembly on this pic, my guess is that the alloy housing is sitting on the stopper, not going inside.
Why not putting the housing other way round?
In this case housing nicely jumps into the adjusting screw, or you can use stopper between housing and screw if you want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90178027@N ... /lightbox/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90178027@N ... /lightbox/

adrianishikawa

by adrianishikawa

1415chris wrote:Reg the assembly on this pic, my guess is that the alloy housing is sitting on the stopper, not going inside.
Why not putting the housing other way round?
In this case housing nicely jumps into the adjusting screw, or you can use stopper between housing and screw if you want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90178027@N ... /lightbox/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90178027@N ... /lightbox/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought of that, but I liked the idea of having all of the i-links coming at the same direction from the bars. :?

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Neither of you are doing it right.. There is a step down segment in the ilinks kit. Fits into the EE adjuster just perfect and doesn't require you running the housing backwards which makes no sense as any water running down the housing will do its best to enter the system :|

adrianishikawa

by adrianishikawa

sugarkane wrote:Neither of you are doing it right.. There is a step down segment in the ilinks kit. Fits into the EE adjuster just perfect and doesn't require you running the housing backwards which makes no sense as any water running down the housing will do its best to enter the system :|

Doesn't fit in mine.. :cry:

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

File it down.. There are few differnt step down segments.
Get some cailpers and measure things up. Get a nice fine file out and make the step down fit.. A bit of man craft is good for the soul :D

adrianishikawa

by adrianishikawa

sugarkane wrote:File it down.. There are few differnt step down segments.
Get some cailpers and measure things up. Get a nice fine file out and make the step down fit.. A bit of man craft is good for the soul :D

So the ones on your Parlee are filed down ?

Dammit

by Dammit

Older model brakes, but the fitting went straight in:

adrianishikawa

by adrianishikawa

Dammit wrote:Older model brakes, but the fitting went straight in:

I see, but with the newer cable adjustment screws, they have a small internal diameter. :(

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

At first I filed down about 3 lengths of housing to make them 5.0mm then I realized that the ilinks come with a 5.0mm housing stepdown
Get some cailpers and measure some tjngs..
I'm pretty sure you have the same adjusters that I Do you just need to work through the available parts to find he right onesZz

In the picture the stepdowns you need are In the bag in the bottom right hand corner

adrianishikawa

by adrianishikawa

sugarkane wrote:At first I filed down about 3 lengths of housing to make them 5.0mm then I realized that the ilinks come with a 5.0mm housing stepdown
I'm pretty sure you have the same adjusters that I Do you just need to work through the available parts to find he right onesZz

In the picture the stepdowns you need are In the bag in the bottom right hand corner

Thanks sugarkane, will do a quick search when I get home, otherwise I am prepared to file them down! Nice bike btw!

styrrell

by styrrell

I know this has been asked and answered before, but it seems like the answerts comflicft and the products have had slight changes so here goes.

Has anyone had success with mini I links and the smaller diameter powercordz for shifters?

Thanks

Dammit

by Dammit

adrianishikawa wrote:
sugarkane wrote:At first I filed down about 3 lengths of housing to make them 5.0mm then I realized that the ilinks come with a 5.0mm housing stepdown

pic-of-ilinks.jpg

Thanks sugarkane, will do a quick search when I get home, otherwise I am prepared to file them down! Nice bike btw!

I found the easiest way to take a housing-end down was to put it into the chuck of my drill, then hold it against a file using light even pressure. I then gave it a coat of black paint to match the rest of the iLinks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com