Just to share my experience with the things in the question.
Rims Archetype, Veloplugs red, yellow were too tight. On top of this 2x electric tape.
I have been riding with this set up for whole this seson with no problems, to the point.
Surrey hills, not the most chellenging enviroment even for the heavy rider (95kg).
To the point of my visit in Tenerife, where some very local roads go very steep, +20%.
On one of these descent, very slow, extremely steep, I had 2 punctures, not blow ups.
The same place, first time, inner tube was deflated after I have just finished descent, lucky me.
My first thought was it was one of this latex issues. So have changed to butyl one and enjoyed my ride. The next one 2 days later, after climbing Teide and 40km descent, when I reached exactly the same section where I had the previous failure, unfortunately for me, failure happened 3m before the end of descend, resulting very uncomfortable 3m slide on the tarmac, with all these clothes, shoes and body consequences, you know what I mean.
After inspection of the rim, which I supposed to do after the first accident, I found that the one of the veloplug was melted down and pressed into the rim leaving the spoke hole supported by the electric tape only. In these extreme conditions electric tape stopped to be eny support for the inner tube due to the high temperature in which it become kind of "fluid tape", resulting another inner tube failure.
So after this I'm definitely switching to the proper rim tape.
Maybe the plugs work OK with other rims, but not with Archetype.