Making and obnoxious Look 595 USA look cool

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ok, I managed to get one of these for a song. I guess USA colour scheme ain't that loved in France :lol:

So, I've got....

Shifters and derailleurs- Dura Ace 7900
Brakes- Ultegra 6600 (though I'm thinking a black set would look best, maybe some Campag skeletons even though the mix/match might be nasty)
chainset- None yet, Got a line on a cheap Fulcrum Torq R?
Wheels-mix of Dura Ace 7801 Tubs (silver), Zipp 404's (2009ish w/ silver spokes).
Bars/Stem- FSA wingcompact and OS-120 stem (maybe Deda, need a long one, 130)

So I want this to look a bit kitch, but not ridiculously stupid, it's a fine line, I know. Maybe I should go w/ a silver theme and get a 7800 chainset and some Ritchey Silver stem/bar? Should I just stick to white? Do I go OTT and get stars and stripes bartape, red hoods, and stars and stripes decals for the zipps? :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Privateer

by Privateer

There's a long history of stars and stripes bikes, generally for the US champions (obviously).

I'm not generally a fan of Looks, but I quite like that colour (sic) scheme.

I'd build it with basic black, but you could also go red or blue bartape and one of these:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ohlalal! I like that Regal. Yeah I got the frame for stupid cheap, why not...Amerika fukk yeah!

Yeah I'm thinking of going more with the black highlights all around rather than too much white. I like the way the BMC paintjob was done, almost kinda candystripe.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Or

When I think of look I think of Peit Mondrian painting

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah, I *heart* the Mondrian sooo much, but alas, that probably goes for way over the odds in France where the USA.....not so much ;) I bet I'll find some Livestrong Jawbones cheap as well :lol:

cnbky

by cnbky

i like the frame

i say sell all youve got and get a 7800 or record groupset keep it consistent.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Anyone know if you if you can run the new C-stem on another bike than the 695? I'm guess you can? I seems that it just needs to go on to of the steerer? :noidea:

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

No you cannot. The C-Stem indexes onto a flat portion of the Look steerer tube. Possibly would work on an Easton fork with their clamp area relief, but I think even that is too shallow.

OrPe

by OrPe

canbakay wrote:i like the frame...I say sell all youve got and get a 7800 or record groupset keep it consistent.

+1.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com