Rapha's aftersales service

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Wingnut

by Wingnut

So I'm gathering the high cost of Rapha gear is nothing to do with quality, rather it's to cover their after sales service... :roll:

eurperg

by eurperg

DHL lost my Rapha return parcel on 25.1., and it has not been found despite DHL search.

I've got €300 worth of lost clothing on my Visa, and I can't even make a claim to DHL because I'm not the shipper. (Return was sent using Rapha's prepaid DHL label so it's on their account)

Has this ever happened to anybody?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Let Visa handle it.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

geraintnorman

by geraintnorman

I've had to change a few Rapha items and this often takes them up to two weeks - within the UK.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Always judge a company by its customer service and returns. Sounds like Rapha are pretty good. May not be immediate but buy the looks of it they leave their customers happy.

eurperg

by eurperg

stella-azzurra wrote:Let Visa handle it.

My Visa purchase protection doesn't cover clothing...

Rapha however handled the lost returns parcel very well. 10/10 points to Rapha, 0 points to DHL

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I've had a few great experiences with Rapha's sales service.
First was a set of long finger gloves that wore through the thumb in only a few rides.. Rapha's Australian distrubtor told me it was wear and tear, rapha uk ( who I'd cc'd in the email after another shit fight with the austrailan distrubtor ) sent out a dhl van to pick em up and promptly replaced the gloves. This time my berk saddle has sliced up the stitching on 2 pairs of proteam bibs. I sent em back to the new rapha fixit place in victora, Australia and they re stitched the problem area with a much more durable stitch, while these were getting fixed up ( and they've done an amazing job! ) I started using another new pair which also got sliced up in the same way and they have offered to preplace those with another type, which I'll go for the new lightweight bibs..
Total win around.
Now they have their own office in Australia the turn around is fast and it costs very little to send stuff to them. Best thing is their fix it servce is free.
Also for the record my dramas with the proteam bibs is poor interaction between my carbon saddle and the bibs, I don't blam the bibs at all

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

geez sounds like you need a saddle that doesn't slice up bibs....

RudyMontana

by RudyMontana

Speaking of bibs... where are the Rapha bibs made?

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

All the Rapha bibs I have or have seen are Italy.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Pretty much!! I have an early berk combo and the clear coat is very thin. Raw carbon is quite abrasive!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I need some clothing....I'm being drawn to Rapha gear...loved Assos previously but the Rapha style is gaining my attention, is it as comfortable?

limba

by limba

I basically spent a day travelling to all of the bike stores in Toronto a couple years ago. I tried on everything (shorts, tights, jerseys, jackets, gloves, base layers, hats, booties, vests, etc) from everyone (Assos, Rapha, Castelli, Sugoi, Gore, etc) and my top 2 were always Rapha and Assos. I preferred the fit and look of Rapha overall. I can't say you'll find them as comfortable but they are absolutely worth a try.

Rapha's new Pro Team/Sky line is more high tech with a racer look and fit. The Sportwool stuff has less Billboard style graphics and a slightly looser fit.

Oh and on my last order they ran out of the rain jacket I wanted. They gave me another jacket (not on sale) for the sale price and a free musette bag for their mistake.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Seems that their pro team is also suffering from slow delivery.

Sky riders having to ride disguised kit at San Remo and by all accounts the riders aren't that impressed with the gear they have been given.

Looks like the stories in the press about riders receiving loads of kit and being involved in the development might not have been as accurate as they made out!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Sky riders having to ride disguised kit at San Remo and by all accounts the riders aren't that impressed with the gear they have been given.

Looks like the stories in the press about riders receiving loads of kit and being involved in the development might not have been as accurate as they made out!
What makes you say that? Pictures??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com