Rigid 29er quest

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

nspace

by nspace

Maybe out of the price range, but I'd highly recommend the Ragley TD-1 if you want to entertain the idea and cost of Titanium. Designed by Brant from On-One, and manufactured by Lynskey in the states. The bike is designed rigid using a suspension corrected 26" fork which will fit 29er wheels. Result is essentially a non-suspension corrected Rigid 29er. I love mine, handles beautifully (and fast, if you like that). Lots of mud clearance for UK mud, features a cnc'd yoke to stand up to any chain suck better, and comes with 2 drop outs to give you the option for singlespeed or with a derailleur hanger. Probably more of these around UK, but I've yet to see another around my neck of the woods.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

neils

by neils

nspace,

That Ragley TD-1 is something i would like to make up! Lovely!! How much does she weigh in at?

Thanks

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

1spd wrote:If you are looking for the Monocog, then the Flight is the way to go. The steel version is ridiculously heavy!

The Monocog Flight is still steel, but lighter (double butted Sanko 4130).

My normal Monocog 29er frame* is well over 3kg in size XL.

*yup that's correct, just the frame.
Well, I don't remember whether I took the seat post collar off or not :mrgreen:
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

nspace

by nspace

neils wrote:nspace,

That Ragley TD-1 is something i would like to make up! Lovely!! How much does she weigh in at?

Thanks

In that configuration the total bike weighed in at 18.03 lbs.

The White Industries Ti BB I was using, while light, was a bit noisy and not that well protected. I am putting in a old 1995 UN91 Shimano XTR BB next week, that will add about 95g.