Skratch labs availability Europe

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

trychle

by trychle

After reading a lot of good stories about the 'secret drink mix' from Skratch labs, I was planning on ordering a few pounds.

As I do not fancy to spend 30 usd on shipping (poor student..), I went looking for a place in Europe to buy this stuff.

To my unpleasent surprise I couldn't find a place in Europe to buy it.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows a place where I can buy it without spending an immense amount of money on shipping.

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

Not that this helps, but I have been using the Skratch drink for about 6 months and the stuff really helps, especially reducing the feeling of tired legs. I find my recovery is so much faster and better after a strong effort. That said see if you can buy a whole lot of the stuff to reduce the price per pound. Maybe find some local friends or shop that wants to go in the purchase.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DrGalactus

by DrGalactus

I was looking at their postage prices today as it happens, wonder if a Europe group buy is feasible?

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Just to be the voice of scepticism... no ingredient listing and dubious claims such as, "...Typical sports drinks have too many calories and not enough electrolytes for use as an everyday rehydration drink...", which makes me think that you'd be better spending your money on water, rather than snake oil in powder form.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

DrGalactus

by DrGalactus

Well they have released this handy video which proves absolutely nothing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NNRpxBTpk8
If they have to resort to quack science to sell something I'll keep my monies thanks.

trychle

by trychle

I understand your scepticism Tapeworm, as I could not find the ingredients on the Skratch labs website itself. I did, however, find the ingredients on Bikeradar. Namely: sucrose, glucose, sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, citric acid, ascorbic acid, b-vitamin complex and 100% real freeze dried fruit powder.

FYI, up until now I just drank water and only during competition I used some kind of isotonic sportsdrink. After drinking these sportsdrinks I always had a lot of slime in my throath. I therefore hope that the complete absence of artificial-substances will elaminate this problem.

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

I'm a big fan of Skratch. It's got a great clean taste and offers a few calories. It's definitely not a miracle drink but it's a nice substitute for water. IMO, the Pineapple is the best.

Svetty

by Svetty

There's one born every minute....

nurseflash

by nurseflash

Skratch is a good product. I have had problems with many of the 'sports drinks' causing me significant problems while on the bike. I tolerate the Skratch unlike many others. Dr. Lim is an integrative physiologist - he studied exercise physiology, nutrition and physiology. His logic is sound.

metanoize

by metanoize

Another hydration drink I like is Osmo Active Hydration. Interestingly, The founder of Osmo was originally a founder of Skratch. http://osmonutrition.com/store/products ... ation.html

jdott

by jdott

From the label: cane sugar, dextrose, sodium citrate, citric acid, oranges, magnesium citrate, calcium citrate, potassium citrate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Skratch did have a discount code for international orders a while ago. Would probably be worth asking if that still exists.

Tapeworm, IIRC they have two different drinks, you are referring to the out of workout one, right? While I'd not disagree with water, it's a matter of fact that some people drink recovery drinks, and not because they really absolutely need it, but because it's a rewarad of going out there and a routine that keeps the training going. Feeling more "professional" will help greatly with consistent training, in my experience.

Offering one with less calories is only logical.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

kode54

by kode54

metanoize wrote:Another hydration drink I like is Osmo Active Hydration. Interestingly, The founder of Osmo was originally a founder of Skratch. http://osmonutrition.com/store/products ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tried both. still use Skratch but love the Osmo preload. works for me.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com