Buyer beware: BIKESONLINE.COM

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

austinla

by austinla

Not trying to start a smear campaign, but I should warn fellow weight weenies about my experience, and after searching in google, the experience of many others has been identical.

Once you place your order, whatever it is, you won't see or hear from them until it arrives at your doorstep.

I bought something on a Sunday night and immediately tried to cancel (called/emailed Monday morning... Monday at lunch, Monday afternoon, Tuesday Morning, Tuesday at lunch, Wednesday at lunch). All contact info they provide does not get you in contact; it goes unanswered. So, they (a guy named Rick) don't pick up phones, don't reply to emails. Once a mysterious package arrives, they have got you. You have to pay a 15% restocking fee. Even if you called/emailed a cancellation notice 4 days, 3 days, and 2 days before the item was shipped. They also charge you for shipping (if your order came with free shipping) on top of the 15% fee, and on top of that, you of course need to pay return shipping. It will cost me $240 to return a $1062 wheelset.

What a business plan.

I strongly discourage buying from BIKESONLINE.COM

budhaslug

by budhaslug

I recently ordered from Bikesonline.com (1/2/13) and it shipped the next day (1/3/13) and arrived in great shape on 1/5/13. While I didn't have to change anything in my order, for regular shopping they seemed fine. Whether they have adequate customer service or now, I can't speak to as I didn't require any.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jano

by jano

austinla wrote:Not trying to start a smear campaign, but I should warn fellow weight weenies about my experience, and after searching in google, the experience of many others has been identical.

Once you place your order, whatever it is, you won't see or hear from them until it arrives at your doorstep.

I bought something on a Sunday night and immediately tried to cancel (called/emailed Monday morning... Monday at lunch, Monday afternoon, Tuesday Morning, Tuesday at lunch, Wednesday at lunch). All contact info they provide does not get you in contact; it goes unanswered. So, they (a guy named Rick) don't pick up phones, don't reply to emails. Once a mysterious package arrives, they have got you. You have to pay a 15% restocking fee. Even if you called/emailed a cancellation notice 4 days, 3 days, and 2 days before the item was shipped. They also charge you for shipping (if your order came with free shipping) on top of the 15% fee, and on top of that, you of course need to pay return shipping. It will cost me $240 to return a $1062 wheelset.

What a business plan.

I strongly discourage buying from BIKESONLINE.COM

Well, next time you'll think twice before buying.
The shop is right to make you pay the fee, after all their are not a charity organization and someone has to pay for that 'free' shipping that you've got he first time around, isn't it? Otherwise people will just buy and then change their minds and then change their minds again and then the shop has to pay for all that 'free' shipping.

Anders3404

by Anders3404

That depends on the country. Here in Denmark there are 14 days of return free of charge on internet sales. You only have to pay for the return freight. Some shops do even provide free return shipping. Some rules apply

Needless to say, most items are more expensive here than in other countries. Sales tax is part of it, return policy is another part.

smike

by smike

Why would you buy something you don't want?

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Isn't that 14 day thing an EU mandate and doesn't it only mean the shop has to give you a refund for unused items within that time if you change your mind. I think they can still charge 'reasonable' re-stocking fees etc

euan

by euan

budhaslug wrote:I recently ordered from Bikesonline.com (1/2/13) and it shipped the next day (1/3/13) and arrived in great shape on 1/5/13. While I didn't have to change anything in my order, for regular shopping they seemed fine. Whether they have adequate customer service or now, I can't speak to as I didn't require any.

joined on the 23rd of January and that is your first post? Interesting.

rmerka

by rmerka

FWIW, I've shopped in their brick and mortar shop in Bee Cave and they're pretty nice guys. I don't think they're out to scam anyone. They're just a small shop stuck between a Subway and a hair salon and I don't think they have a tremendous amount of man-power.

loudtiger

by loudtiger

fwiw:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lake-travis-cyclery-bee-cave

i looked up the address and this is one and the same. i live in town but have never heard of this place. maybe i'll go check it out one weekend.

skisloski

by skisloski

I've just ordered from this company and can confirm they are a legit company - I know I've seen some negative press online about them.

I'd just like to say for anyone researching the validity of this company that I've been able to contact them about an issue with my order, and they (the owner - Rick) were very kind and responsive in clarifying things for me and getting my order sorted out. They *WILL* provide custom support, and they are shipping my items as expected. Just wanted to put my opinion out there because based on some feedback online it could seem like they are a total scam.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just figured I'd spread some positive review for this company because I've seen so much bad online, and they were actually quite helpful in dealing with me.

KWalker

by KWalker

People need to remember that very few customers ever go out of their way to post a good experience, but almost all customers that have bad ones instantly jump online. This often skews reviews either way quite a bit.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

euan wrote:
budhaslug wrote:I recently ordered from Bikesonline.com (1/2/13) and it shipped the next day (1/3/13) and arrived in great shape on 1/5/13. While I didn't have to change anything in my order, for regular shopping they seemed fine. Whether they have adequate customer service or now, I can't speak to as I didn't require any.

joined on the 23rd of January and that is your first post? Interesting.

timely eh?!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

skisloski wrote:I've just ordered from this company and can confirm they are a legit company - I know I've seen some negative press online about them.

I'd just like to say for anyone researching the validity of this company that I've been able to contact them about an issue with my order, and they (the owner - Rick) were very kind and responsive in clarifying things for me and getting my order sorted out. They *WILL* provide custom support, and they are shipping my items as expected. Just wanted to put my opinion out there because based on some feedback online it could seem like they are a total scam.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just figured I'd spread some positive review for this company because I've seen so much bad online, and they were actually quite helpful in dealing with me.

Joined 3:57, first & only post 3:59. Hmmmm........

Shill is the word that comes to mind.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com