Black or gold????

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Hey guys. This is a PS job. The original photo was H plus son with pink hubs that i was demoing this past month. I'm building a set of HED C2's this week with Chris king R45 hubs. Several people told me they liked the color added to my bike with the demo wheels (not specifically the pink, but the fact that there was color besides the black and white). I'm open minded to adding the color but I DO NOT want it to be the focal point. I want it to flow. Since everything on my bike is blk or white, adding color to only the hub, I fear that it does in fact draw your eye straight to the hubs.

Which do you think is a better fit?

Gold adds flash, but black is always safe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

renoracing

by renoracing

I love your bike and have drooled over it in several other threads(especially am attracted to the flow of the seatpost and saddle and stem/headset cap)... I say stick with the black... unless you went with red, and then swapped the hollowgram hardware with some red bits for continuity...

smithrebel46

by smithrebel46

Gold!

BTW, are the rims PS as well? I have not seen those graphics on Hed C2's before

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

the graphics are PS on as well. they are the new version of the C2. I like, but I dont also. They are etched into the wheel so there is no removing decals with them.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

and thanks renoracing!! I never get tired of hearing that. I put a lot of thought into each piece so it is always nice to hear that someone also likes my bike as the way I see it.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Forgot I had that C2 image!!! Wish i would have just PS that entire rim on my bike instead of trying to stretch and skew it onto a different rim!!!! BAH!!!!

Montana

by Montana

Gold

drchull

by drchull

gold

Quinn039

by Quinn039

That gold does look good. Perhaps bringing in a touch more would be a good idea, just something like the seatpost clamp to balance it. The gold (or red) also matches the small Belgian flag on the rims... bonus. So does black of course....
This thread is very useful as Im trying to make the same decision for King hubs on my Ridley... but with Red as well as the black and gold...

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Quinn039 wrote:That gold does look good. Perhaps bringing in a touch more would be a good idea, just something like the seatpost clamp to balance it. The gold (or red) also matches the small Belgian flag on the rims... bonus. So does black of course....
This thread is very useful as Im trying to make the same decision for King hubs on my Ridley... but with Red as well as the black and gold...

Which wheels you want and what colors? I can PS it real quick for you if you like

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Ive been thinking it over for a while. Narrowed it down to probably a set of Enve 45 clinchers (might mess around with the decal colours depending on the hubs)... maybe the 1.45 tubbies if I decide to go tubular. Also considering Zipp 303s (likely only if i go tubular) or reynolds 46s... both of these are less likely.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

If you can do the enve 45's DO IT. I have been demoing a set for a week now for fun and I LOVE them!!! Not to mention they are sexy as all hell

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Blue.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

sanddancer

by sanddancer

Mango ftw.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Think gold works best with a frame that's not so busy with decals (but sometimes you just need to break the rules, I suppose). Red looks sharp and not over the top.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com