Bianchi D2; Mavic Mektronic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Removing the gold spacers and properly slamming that stem would help your case....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bianchifan

by bianchifan

CAMSHAFT wrote:Removing the gold spacers and properly slamming that stem would help your case....

Fair point, have thought about doing that, one of the problems of building up a timetrial frame for road use

de zwarten

by de zwarten

I made a harsh comment but let me explain why.
1. Why use a TT frame for a roadbike? It is obvious that the headtube is too short for your use as a roadbike.
2. Because it is a kind-of aero TT frame, the Spinergy wheels are a complete mismatch.
3. If I let the fashion weenie speak, the colors (white parts, black wheels) are a mismatch.
4. Saddle position is awkward.

What I would have done is actually build it as a TT bike. In that case, you can easily 'avoid' big manufacturer's components without using those silly brifters. If this is your only bike and you really wanted a road bike set-up, sell the frame and get yourself a road version of a Bianchi. They are not that hard to get and TT frames usually are worth something 2nd hand.

That being said, if you are happy riding it, fine with me and enjoy!

AGW

by AGW

Harsh comments all around, and I'm guilty as well, but I genuinely appreciate the effort that it took for your build this up. Sourcing so many unique parts isn't easy, even if you have them laying around. I certainly won't have an extra Tiso 12sp electric RD laying around in 15 years, so my hats off to you.

What kind of riding do you like to do/have you done with this bike in this configuration? Racing, leisure, what distances, ride characteristics, etc?

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

bianchifan wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:Removing the gold spacers and properly slamming that stem would help your case....

Fair point, have thought about doing that, one of the problems of building up a timetrial frame for road use

Do it! I think it would make everything come together...

bianchifan

by bianchifan

Thanks for the feedback; I was hoping the white parts would look good overall (I thought they look awesome, but that is just me), I thought about the wheels but does anyone have a viable suggestion?
The TT frame, well I just like the agressive style of TT frame, I probably will drop the spacers and slam the stem, seems to be the general opinion. The saddle postion, whats the problem? (seriously, I'm not seeing it)

de zwarten wrote:I made a harsh comment but let me explain why.
1. Why use a TT frame for a roadbike? It is obvious that the headtube is too short for your use as a roadbike.
2. Because it is a kind-of aero TT frame, the Spinergy wheels are a complete mismatch.
3. If I let the fashion weenie speak, the colors (white parts, black wheels) are a mismatch.
4. Saddle position is awkward.

What I would have done is actually build it as a TT bike. In that case, you can easily 'avoid' big manufacturer's components without using those silly brifters. If this is your only bike and you really wanted a road bike set-up, sell the frame and get yourself a road version of a Bianchi. They are not that hard to get and TT frames usually are worth something 2nd hand.

That being said, if you are happy riding it, fine with me and enjoy!

bianchifan

by bianchifan

If I could afford the Tiso, that would be awesome, now or in 15 years. Use this bike mostly for keeping in shape, racing days are way behind me now, but it is awfully comfortable to ride, up to about 60-70 kms, but hoping for more when time allows. As long as I carry space CR2032 batteries :-)

AGW wrote:Harsh comments all around, and I'm guilty as well, but I genuinely appreciate the effort that it took for your build this up. Sourcing so many unique parts isn't easy, even if you have them laying around. I certainly won't have an extra Tiso 12sp electric RD laying around in 15 years, so my hats off to you.

What kind of riding do you like to do/have you done with this bike in this configuration? Racing, leisure, what distances, ride characteristics, etc?