Cervelo S5 vs specialized venge and R5 vs super6 evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bely

by Bely

Your thoughts and inputs...looking to get a weightweenieish bike and aero road bike...wondering what your experiences are etc...
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

Nobody has any input?
Current

Incoming

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

They are all great bikes. Give us some more info like purpose, goals, some info about you, and maybe a budget?

Bely

by Bely

Well looking to have fun with a climbing bike as well as an aero road bike for flat days or some Olympic distance tris
Current

Incoming

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Hills: Evo or NP Bura SL

Flats: Venge or NP Alize

Note: I am biased to NeilPryde because I own one. Obviously the best bikes in the world :P

djconnel

by djconnel

Evo's not "aero": Trek Madone or Scott Addict would be a better example. But not counting the aero part, Evo would be my choice for comfort & mass.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

djconnel wrote:Evo's not "aero": Trek Madone or Scott Addict would be a better example. But not counting the aero part, Evo would be my choice for comfort & mass.

From his post he wants to buy 2 bikes. One for the hills and one aero road bike for the flats and short sprint type triathlons where road bikes are common. His title is a little confusing though.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

OP, Have you test ridden any of these?

Also, I agree with adding the NeilPryde Bura SL to the list.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

A test ride is a must, unless you're very familiar with the geometry that works for you.

For those that are geometry gurus, can you guys maybe comment on the geometries of these bikes/frames.

Seems like the OP is looking at two different bikes for his purpose. Unless we know more info, we can't really comment on these frames for you needs.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

sawyer

by sawyer

While this is WW and a Venge isn't optimal for steep hills ... it's hardly heavy. My
54cm is 1019g with all the crap on the frame.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

S5 VWD for the flats, or just RCA all around?

refthimos

by refthimos

I have an R5 for training/climbing and an S5 for racing. The nice thing is that while these are very different frames, the geometry is exactly the same and so getting both bikes set up identically is a breeze.

I am considering consolidating straight to a TMR01 though. My worry is that the TMR01 may not be as comfortable (this is pretty much a foregone conclusion) or handle as well as the R5 for mountain descents, and my be slower than the S5 when it comes to breaks and sprints.

But if you want the two bike quiver, the R5/S5 combo is highly recommended.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I personally train and race on an S5 vwd and I both love it and hate it; it certainly feels very fast and is quite stiff but it is not really a very fun bike, very business like. I would second a look at the scott foil and the new madone, they are both good crosses between aero/traditional which is what you want if youre looking to have a fun climbing and flats (rr and tri) bike.

Bely

by Bely

Wel, where I am from and usually ride its pretty ugh pancake..so an aero bike would've awesome to put the hammer down I reckon...the s5 looks the bizniz...but I am not fond of how it looks to be honest...neither am I too fond of the tmr01 or the venge...(but if I had to pick based on looks, venge first..) the RCA is a bit rich for my blood...storck aero?...so strange as everything is hanging outside too? Noah fast? But that machine looks a bit chunky...ok no offense to all here..your bikes are wonderful looking! I don't really like treks...

Now for the weenie in me..I am for the weenie I would like to have ;).... I actually have a super six evo but it isn't di2 ready..and jeez i am sorry I sound like an a*hole, but its kind of annoying to see the wires all taped outside the frame...I know the r5 isn't di2 ready also...sigh...but always loved the green r5...
Current

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

You could always modify your evo or an r5 to be di2 ready, makes it more special and its a fun project!