Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MEINSHNAKE

by MEINSHNAKE

dha wrote:Have a slight indexing issue with my Ultegra Di2 at the moment. It runs fine in every gear except the second largest cog in the cassette. The rear mech clicks as if the chain is catching on a chain link. Other gears have no issue.

Could it be a mech hanger issue?

Possibly an issue with your hanger being bent (this happens, not necessarily result of crash) also check your b tension... I have noticed people setting up di2 and failing to properly setting b tension resulting in noise in the two largest cassette rings in particular.
Mechanic- Trek Bicycle Store Toronto

2012 Trek Madone 5.9
2010 Gary Fischer superfly- currently in for frame repair
Surly Steamroller- commuter soon to be weight weenied

dha

by dha

My worry is the b tension spring might be faulty. Chain off it does adjust but with a chain on there is no noticeable movement. Have re-indexed a few times, and adjusted hi/low settings and it seems ok but not yet ridden it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dammit

by Dammit

goodboyr wrote:This document says you need the new junction with the charging port. So, you would have to buy both a junction and the charger. Probably the same or more total cost.

http://si.shimano.com/content/si/sm/english/BatteryCharger_SM-BCR2/_jcr_content/par/sidownload/file.res/UM-7FJ0A-000-00-ENG.pdf

So, based on that if you purchase an internally wired groupset and wish to run the internal battery you'd also need:

- SM-EW90-A, junction box for shifters and charging point
- SM-BTR2 battery pack
- SM-BCR2 battery charger (and e-tube interface)
- 2 X EWSD50 to connect to the shifters (one to each side)

Have I missed anything? This is turning into quite an expensive exercise!

Kingston

by Kingston

Dammit wrote:
goodboyr wrote:This document says you need the new junction with the charging port. So, you would have to buy both a junction and the charger. Probably the same or more total cost.

http://si.shimano.com/content/si/sm/english/BatteryCharger_SM-BCR2/_jcr_content/par/sidownload/file.res/UM-7FJ0A-000-00-ENG.pdf

So, based on that if you purchase an internally wired groupset and wish to run the internal battery you'd also need:

- SM-BTR2 battery pack
- 2 X EWSD50 to connect to the shifters (one to each side)

Have I missed anything? This is turning into quite an expensive exercise!

If you wish to use either satellite shifter or sprinter shifter, what do you need. Guess you`ll need a different junction box??

DartanianX

by DartanianX

No, there is a spare port on each of the shifters to plug in aux shifters. I'm not 100% sure, but if you want to use both climbing and sprinting aux shifters then you'll need one of the new junction boxes.

Dammit

by Dammit

Sorry, possibly not clear- I don't wish to run aux and/or TT shifters, I just wish to run standard drop-bar lever/shifters.

If you purchase an internally wired Ultegra Di2 groupset from (say) Merlin you get the following:

- 4 X EW-SD50 cables, from 300mm to 1000mm (these connect all components together)
- SMBR-1 battery mount+battery (for internal cabling,external mounting)
- Front and rear mech, left and right shifters
- SM-JC41 internal four port junction box
- SMEW67AE handlebar cable set including rear mech setup and battery warning light

Now if you wish to run the new Shimano internal battery you then need (I believe) the following:

- SM-BTR2 battery pack
- 2 X EWSD50 to connect to the shifters (one to each side) as the SM-EW90-A doesn't have the inbuilt cables of the SMEW67AE

I don't suppose anyone with a knowledge of Di2 cabling could run their eye over that and confirm this?

I have the SM-BTR2 and the SM-BCR2, however for them to work I think I need (now) to get the SMEW90-A and 2 X EWSD50's to connect the junction box to the shifters?

EDIT just spoke to Madison, and the answer is yes, that's what you need.

Dammit

by Dammit

Further to that the battery and charger just arrived and I can see no way to connect the two- you def need the junction box for this to work.

BortFar

by BortFar

Dammit wrote:EDIT just spoke to Madison, and the answer is yes, that's what you need.

I am about to order this exact set up. My only concern is, will the battery work with the 2013 ultegra di2 group? I read in once place "The Ultegra Di2
products are not compatible with Dura Ace Di2." (http://www.bike24.com/p224718.html). Would that not include the battery?

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, I couldn't find it.

brownish

by brownish

Does Flight Deck SC-7900 work with Ultegra 6770?

SvenNijs

by SvenNijs

BortFar wrote:I am about to order this exact set up. My only concern is, will the battery work with the 2013 ultegra di2 group? I read in once place "The Ultegra Di2
products are not compatible with Dura Ace Di2." (http://www.bike24.com/p224718.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Would that not include the battery?
Sorry if this was discussed earlier, I couldn't find it.

Ultegra Di2 was not at all compatible with the original version of Dura Ace Di2 but is more compatible with the latest 9070 version thanks to E-tube (other than the whole 10spd/11spd issue).

dha

by dha

Have just had the satellite shifter delivered, do I need to run the software upgrade or can I plug it in and use it and get the LBS to upgrade the software later?

brownish

by brownish

Now if you wish to run the new Shimano internal battery you then need (I believe) the following:

- SM-BTR2 battery pack
- 2 X EWSD50 to connect to the shifters (one to each side) as the SM-EW90-A doesn't have the inbuilt cables of the SMEW67AE

Is this confirmed to be all the items needed to utilize the new internal battery with Ultegra Di2?

Dammit

by Dammit

I've not put it on the bike yet, but it looks like it'll go together nicely.

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

brownish wrote:

- SM-BTR2 battery pack

Is this confirmed to be all the items needed to utilize the new internal battery with Ultegra Di2?

Yes, this is what I used to run the internal battery with Ultegra Di2. You likely will need to use the SM-BCR2 to update your firmware as well to get it to work.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brownish

by brownish

You mean I'll need to use SM-PCE1 to update the firmware via E-Tube project, correct? I thought SM-BCR2 was just the charger?