BG Romin Evo Expert Saddle 2013 - Getting the logo off?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bregne

by Bregne

Dear Weenies

I'm purchasing a Specialized Romin Saddle, similar to this (white): http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/product-med ... VOEXPT.jpg

Due to sponsorships on my team, i would like to strip the saddle for the Specialized logo on the red. Is there any way to do this without harming the red paint, or should i go trough with explaining to the sponsors that the logo can't come off, and i have to ride with this saddle.

regards

rijndael

by rijndael

If you can't remove it, mask it off and paint it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Does your team have a saddle sponsor or specific restrictions? If they do just put some white electrical tape over it.

I noticed a few of the UHC pro team guys riding BG saddles as they don't appear to have a specific saddle sponsor.

Cleaner

by Cleaner

Many pad printing inks are soluble in alcohol. Use some isopropyl alcohol and test it on the logo, just be advised that if the background color is also printed with such an ink it will be removed as well. If it works, remove the ink and then wipe down with a damp (water) rag.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

The saddle also comes in a carbon rail version, which I prefer over my TI Expert version on another bike. I mention this because it has a black frame with the white "S" which black tape will cover really well.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

dcl10

by dcl10

I've run into the same problem, and its not so much the saddle sponsor, but our frame sponsor took issue with having a specialized saddle on a **** frame. I'd be surprised if its their sports marketing guy or something that has a problem with it. They are usually pretty lenient when it comes to saddles, pedals, etc.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

That's when your team management should step in and wave the sponsor contract in front of them. If they want to restrict saddle branding then pay up.

drewb

by drewb

I removed the logos on the leather part of a Sworks toupe by using white spirits and some 2000 wet and dry sandpaper. The paint came off very easily and the saddle looks great.

The logos on the carbon came off using a Stanley knife and hen sandpaper - 600 then 1000 then 2000. Then finished it off with clearcoat. "Look mum, no sponsors."

KWalker

by KWalker

NWSAlpine wrote:Does your team have a saddle sponsor or specific restrictions? If they do just put some white electrical tape over it.

I noticed a few of the UHC pro team guys riding BG saddles as they don't appear to have a specific saddle sponsor.

Where did you see this- UHC rides Ritchey saddles
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

It was a picture I saw on Facebook from NeilPryde and some on UHC's page. Here is one where 3 of the bikes have specialized BG seats. There are some Ritchey and some other no brand seats.

There was another picture of the bikes in their truck and there were more with specialized saddles. It might have been from velonews but I will keep looking.