Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Horacio

by Horacio

^^
Nice!
Glad you got your stuff!

mann2

by mann2

the local LBS set me up with these... :twisted:

IMO these should be standard. works well with the 12-25

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

@mann2: don't be mad, have your LBS change out the rings to what you want. BCD size is the same across ALL the gearing for the new Shimano cranks.

Edit: my bad that little devil guy for some reason made me think he was mad.
Last edited by rmerka on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

I think he's actually very happy to have them !

That's the combination I use on my crankset (Clavicula's) and the combination covers almost everything I need.

mann2

by mann2

rmerka wrote:@mann2: don't be mad, have your LBS change out the rings to what you want. BCD size is the same across ALL the gearing for the new Shimano cranks.

Edit: my bad that little devil guy for some reason made me think he was mad.

no worries dude. loving the the 52-36 so far. this would have been my first choice for the cranks but this wasnt available initially.

good thing about my LBS is i could trade in my 'old' stuff so i dont have to worry bout reselling my compact. i initially asked the owner to swap out just the chainrings but the price difference was so incremental and i decided to swap the whole crank.

the tooth counts on these are just righteous.

mann2

by mann2

by the way. i inspected the wh-9000-c35 clinchers last week. had them weighed.

F = 650g
R = 850g

Total of 1500g with rim tape and those plastic protectors stuck in the axles.

note that we used a bike scale to measure (not a table scale) so the figures are not to the gram.

I have somewhat mixed feelings on the rims though. they seem to be constructed like the last generation (wh-9000) C24 wherein it's a deeper box section. Not teardrop shaped like the previous C35. Also, it doesnt yet have the C50's wider rim. I measured the inner width at 20mm.

I was gonna get this but am liking the C50's a bit better. Weight is good on the C35 though.

aaric

by aaric

Thanks for the weights on the C35s. Sounds like you have some C50s too - happen to have weighed them?

skinnywellfed

by skinnywellfed

thisisatest wrote:Latest I've seen is that it is officially approved for 7900, 6700, 980, 780, I think some others. Possibly 105 and SLX... This is derailleurs only. on brakes, without concessions for the very slick coating, the cable can pull through the pinch bolt assembly. Kind of like Powercordz.
May-ish for shift and brake cables.

[post edited for grammar][/quote]

New BC 9000 brake cables are NOT backwards compatible. The older pinch bolts aren't up to the task. [/quote]

Under the new coating they're still stainless cables. Couldn't the coating be removed either mechanically or with a flame in the small area that inserts behind the clamp?

Foghat

by Foghat

The 9000 brake cables are most definitely backwards compatible, whatever Shimano may claim.

I'm using them with Shimano BR-650, BR-600 and CX70 brakes, as well as with the BR-9000 brakes: this works perfectly well in all cases, and the notion that the bolts cannot tighten enough to grip the cable seems strange given the evidence (i.e. the bolts are tightened as normal and show no signs of failing to grip). And as skinnywellfed observes, the coating will wear off around that area anyway, so slippage becomes even less likely.

In addition, the new 9000 lever action has improved the performance of the BR-650, BR-600 and CX70 brake calipers too.
Freight-train groove-ride: 4'02" to 14'40" LOUD, bass right up and eyes closed!

damond

by damond

Hey guys!

I am thinking on upgrading to the new dura-ace group but i don't know if it will fit. I have a pair of Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, the same model of the picture above (don't know the year of those):

Does anybody know if the current freehub body mavic is selling for 11s Shimano cassette will fit my hub?

Thanks a lot already!

rmerka

by rmerka

I believe all the Mavic wheels are compatible with Shimano 11-speed. Their freehubs have always been a little bit longer, you just wouldn't use the spacer like you would with a 10 speed cassette.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Yes, those ksyrium pictured do have a fts-l hub, so they come with the 2 mm spacer to fit shimano/sram cassettes.

vwo05

by vwo05

Here's a good video overview of the 9070 setup
http://youtu.be/w-u3DkbRzUQ

And some pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/glorycycles/sets/72157632971923779/

And some videos of it in action
Front derailleur http://youtu.be/4hSJQuNhCVc
Rear derailleur http://youtu.be/gK_3o-LTQpI

NGMN

by NGMN

mann2 wrote:

I have somewhat mixed feelings on the rims though. they seem to be constructed like the last generation (wh-9000) C24 wherein it's a deeper box section. Not teardrop shaped like the previous C35. Also, it doesnt yet have the C50's wider rim. I measured the inner width at 20mm.

I'm kind of confused, because a blunt inner edge(i.e. like box section of days gone by) and an inner width of 20mm sounds a lot like the new age wheels to me. Is there something lost in the text here? 20mm inner rim width is actually very wide(Zipp FC is 16-17mm).

damond

by damond

rmerka and Guerdi, thanks a lot for your quick and precise answer!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com