Panaracer tubular glue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

It's meant to be used with full prior knowledge of all the consequences. I'm certainly not recommending it as a general purpose replacement for any traditional rim cement.

More like, if you want to find out what the (negative) impact of using even the best rim cement is, try this one.

IOW, it would not be such a bad idea for even the best rim cement manufacturer (or any other for that matter) to diversify and offer a specific rim cement on a pro purpose basis.
After all, horses for courses, right?

Ciao, ;)

P.S. To Geoff: Sven N. commenting the Strade Bianche race. Did a very good job. He's entering road race comp. as of May.
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

I think I'll stick to the 'conventional' glue. I'm too old to experiment.

@fdgrove, I was watching that coverage! Great race, too...

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

It does not matter how old we are.
The point is that it clearly shows the influence of rim cement (and with it the quality of the glueing job) on the performance of the tubular as a system.

Clinchers are just what the word implies, they are essentially and effectively clinched to a metal surface by the pressure that exists inside that system.
The lower the pressure the more novement is going to occur, hence the higher the rolling resistance is going to be.

On a more philosophical note: The essence of intelligence is to be able to understand the consequences of your actions.

Give it a try while you're still too young to die but just not too old to rockn' roll, Geoff

All feedback is welcome, BTW. I got the message years ago already. :lol:

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.