BMC SLR01 Project, SRM --> New Schmoke/AX bits Pics pp 4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

plpete

by plpete

KWalker wrote:Or come to the 10AM that leaves from Rock Creek Park. There's also a 7 as well (slightly different route).

I saw that stuff when I was in the shop the other day and was surprised to see such WW stuff in this area.

As much as I like the Rock Creek Park for riding, these roads are begging to get redone! It can be a mess when riding fast in a group with all the random potholes.

Plenty of WW around DC :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dimitri

by Dimitri

re frame weight, your shop (our ours) scales might out. my 2013 SLR in 57cm (same colour) was 970g with biddon bolts and dr' tip. i weighed a 55 for this year and 50 and both were what you would expect v's my larger bike.

Definitely seem to be lighter than last years frames, the brand manager from AU informed me when i asked, last years SLR was a different lay up and they were heavier even in the matte finish (which is lighter than the gloss).

GASer

by GASer

Nice work! Can you treat the bonding point to look alike with the rest of the combo?
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

kgt

by kgt

Like it a lot! Very pro and the steam-bar combo is great.

KWalker

by KWalker

plpete wrote:
KWalker wrote:Or come to the 10AM that leaves from Rock Creek Park. There's also a 7 as well (slightly different route).

I saw that stuff when I was in the shop the other day and was surprised to see such WW stuff in this area.

As much as I like the Rock Creek Park for riding, these roads are begging to get redone! It can be a mess when riding fast in a group with all the random potholes.

Plenty of WW around DC :beerchug:

The ride just leaves from there and the park is only a few minutes of the actual ride. It goes out and around Potomac and comes back. Its a lot faster than the Cyclelife ride as most of the local 1/2 elite riders show up. Good times.

The 7AM also leaves from there, but doesn't ride in it. RCP has some bad spots but its really not that bad IMO. If you Google either ride there are maps of both. 10AM leaves from the gates at Broad Branch, the 7 leaves from Beach/East West Highway. The route is more boring now that Clara Barton is off limits, but its still pretty damn fast if the right people show up. In the Summer its great.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

frederique

by frederique

Love this setup !
Pure energy, Perfect power !

vlastrada

by vlastrada

Hi there....A few minor changes: Tune top cap, Extralite expander, Veloflex Corsa 22, weight just under 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs) with Ksyrium SLR training wheels and surprisingly heavy Mavic inner tubes (will install Challenge Latex soon)

Here are some better pics (well, it's all relative! ;-))...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95448484@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

bally81

by bally81

Damn i love that bike!
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

KWalker

by KWalker

Good to see you out there today- I am the dude on the Supersix that was talking to you towards the end of the rid.e
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Had missed this. Fantastic bike. Good stuff!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

plpete

by plpete

Looking good Vlad!

vlastrada

by vlastrada

Cheers Pete and KWalker awesome rides with you both;-)!

As for the bike, I am day dreaming about a pair of racing tubs...some good deals on Mavic CCU and RZR...though they'll have to wait for now...;-(

plpete

by plpete

I know what you mean Vlad! Stupid real life expenses get in the way. I'm itching for something deeper too! The November Rail52 look good but I'm curious about what their 30 something offering will be like. I think RZRs would look sick on your bike :thumbup:

KWalker

by KWalker

Not a fan of either of those wheelsets. Go with something that has normal spokes/hubs because you will break something eventually while racing. Weight does not matter in all but maybe 2 races in this area and never will. Power and aero rules in MABRA. Anything under 50mm depth around here is just short changing yourself, even 135lb guys are on Madfibers and 808s. 404s/the Rail are probably the shallowest I'd go. Waiting for the tubular version of the rail.

IMO the perfect race wheels for this area are Bora Ultras- great hubs, bombproof, decently aero, good braking, and fairly cheap. Anything but Zipps.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

plpete

by plpete

Karsten, on weight weenies weight always matters ;) Bora Ultras are some great wheels. My friend had a pair of tubbies and liked them a lot. The deep Mavics he has now have given him some trouble. The spokes on the RZRs can deflect up to 12cm before failing which is a lot. Usually they don't cross 5mm, according to Reynolds, so failure is not very probable unless you have a nasty crash. In an event of a bad crash no wheel is bombproof and could fail. I'm not crazy about Zipps either. Test rode them and was not overly impressed.

Vlad, you said you want some racing tubs but do you plan to race or are racing? You're plenty fast! I don't race but it didn't stop me from getting a race bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com