Pinarello Dogma ?'s

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

I hope someone can help me out. I work in a shop that services quite a few bikes and have never worked on a Pinarello before. I have a friend bringing in a 2011 Dogma and it needs new headset bearings. When I pulled the fork off, the bearing was stuck on the crown race.. is that typical? Are the headset bearing pressed in or not? What headset bearing do I need for this Pinarello Dogma. Thanks in advance for the help. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

upside

by upside

Would someone pls help me on the bearings. Thanks :unbelievable:

Pantani

by Pantani

From the www

Pinarello uses a proprietary internal bearing for all their current frames. All upper bearings for these headsets are 1 1/8". Non-tapered headtubes use the same sized 1 1/8" bearing on the bottom. Tapered headsets require a 1 1/4" bearing on the bottom in addition to the 1 1/8" bearing on the top .... $29.99 each Add to CART

Note exceptions - The Dogma FPX frame, a Pinarello Magnesium model, was offered for just 1 year and uses the standard 1 1/8" bearing on the top (order above), but uses a special 1.5" bearing on the bottom that must be special ordered.

I haven't worked on Pinarellos but I doubt the bearing is pressed on. Its more likely corroded and sticking as a result. However, I'm sure Pinarello owners can clarify.
Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.

bontie

by bontie

I have a 2011, and have removed the fork, the bearings were definitely not stuck on the steerer, they remained in the headtube though (as expected I suppose)

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Found this old thread. Hope this helps

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23649&start=0

In the back of my mind I thought it might be glued but couldn't find anything.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

The bearing is a light interference fit. On older ones, the fork crown would look hand-filed(!) to create the fit. Sometimes the bearing stays on the fork...

upside

by upside

Thanks for the help guy's. Looks like specific bearings for that frame set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com