My Tommasini Tecno (2012)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Love it.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Malik

by Malik

Amazing.... fu..kng amazing :beerchug:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

GASer wrote:Actually, I had to carry the bike on my shoulders when run on a wet section of the road...

Hope you're kidding.
Nice build.

GASer

by GASer

wassertreter wrote:
GASer wrote:Actually, I had to carry the bike on my shoulders when run on a wet section of the road...

Hope you're kidding.
Nice build.

I am not :oops:
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

Miller

by Miller

GASer wrote:I am not

I think there's some sort of weather law that it always rains on the first ride of a new bike. That's what it feels like to me anyway so if you felt your bike was too new to get wet I fully understand.

GASer

by GASer

The kids are sleeping, so now its a good time to share the story, from the idea to the bike...

I actually had really no taste on steel bikes, until last April. I was reading the Cycling Plus mag during the Easter vac, when I run to this add. The name was Tommasini, never heard before.

I am relatively new to cycling without a past. This full page add demoing part of a blue steel frame with a visible internal rear brake routing draw my full attention. Days went on and on, and every time I was keeping this mag on my hands the page always stopped there. I started searching the internet to get more information and possibly a local dealer, then I decided to email the factory directly.

a got a response very soon, price was logical, lead time were about two months. I could actually pick up the color and paint scheme of choice, could also have them paint my name on the TT!

Kept running my 6,4Kg carbon bike but my mind was already fantasizing the build list. Sent my order, now had to wait for two months...

It was early September when I received this email that my frame was ready to ship! Didnt take more than two days before I see this picture next to my desk at the office!

Couldn't wait to take it home, so I teared the box apart right there next to my desk!

a couple hours later at home, the frame spent the night on the couch, and that was not the only night. Took some time to my wife to convince (threat) me to take it to the garage :D

Headset was the first parts to order. Although the Record headset would seem the first choice to come to mind, I decided to take an alt road and order a set of Chris King NoThreadSet in silver with a sotto voce logo with a Thomson 1" to 1 1/8" sleeve converter. Down the road, I changed the build direction I did a complementary order for a 1 1/8" stem cup and a bearing cup, in silver as well.

To be continued...
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

giant man

by giant man

Excellent account so far, loving it. Everything a new bike purchase should be imo. great stuff!

GASer

by GASer

Thanks giant man!

OK, kids are sleeping again, time to type episode II :D

A slow, easy, happy building progress was on mind, so i decided to take my time, browsing and carefully selecting the parts just like the Jack Daniels commercial :lol:

Initially, I was thinking of building a steel WW but soon changed my mind by cutting the budget down significantly. So no carbon parts, no Super Record, no carbon tubulars... I figured out that the bordeaux painted frame would prefer some shiny parts to lighten things up.

A steel frame cento per cento fatto in Italia would perfectly fit with Italian parts like Deda, Campagnolo, Selle San Marco, Veloflex etc. but I would not limit my options there.

I found this seat post on the internet and immediately considered it as a number one option! So here it was, a Deda RS01 aluminium post!

Next thing on the list was a shiny aluminium stem to match the Deda post! Tool quite some to locate this one, laso coming from Deda, an 120mm long 1 1/8 inch Deda Quatro!

I located a problem with the stem though, didnt like the reverse logo on it, so had to strip it off!

GASer

by GASer

Some shots taken by a friend after a race in Athens (Acropolis to Sounion Poseidon Temple)

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Δημήτρη με γειες ... να το χαίρεσαι ... κουκλαρα ...

Και εγώ το εγκατέλειψα το καρβουνο και κυκλοφορω με ενα Colnago Super ... Γλυκα μεγάλη το ατσαλάκι ...

Kupepe

by Kupepe

A question ... how do these Veloflex Masters fair in the streets of Attica? Safe choice regarding punctures? Taking in consideration that they have no antipuncture system

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Arc wrote:Personally I think the handlebar and maybe hoods looks a bit out of place, with the deep black color.

I would agree with this... If you could get bars to match the stem and seat post and brown or matching hoods (dont even know if that is a possibility?!) then it'd be perfect.

Nice ride all the same!
The lugs and little paint details on the bike are beautiful.

Donkey

by Donkey

I was doing some Googling and came across this thread.

I'm liking the polished silver parts. But I have to say Ritchey Classic have it nailed given the contemporary design of their stem and posts. Only trouble is these parts are all boat anchors.

mm1

by mm1

Beautiful, just beautiful.