Elite Sior waaay to tight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

Got a couple of these Elite Sior Carbon Ti cages (the ones with the loop, not the split loop with the Ti adjuster, but I can now see the reason for that Ti adjusted modification they made!) today, first ride, OMG how tight are the bottles.

I bought them cause of the "most pro's use them" blurb i'd seen, but no way would a pro (or in fact anyone) put up with the wresting match I had with them when the thirst became simply unbearable and I absolutely needed a sip.

Anyone else use these with "success"? Are elite bottles smaller or something?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DMF

by DMF

Different bottles are different shapes and sizes. Sure minor differences, but different bottles works differently well with different cages. This goes for just about ALL cages to some extent. No biggie, take you bike to your LBS and try out some different bottles to see what works best (if you don't just wanna shoot the fish in the barrel straight away and get an Elite bottle...)

WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

Borrowed a couple to try, Specialized slide much better. I really had no idea bottles varied so much to be incompatible, but until now I'd always used bendy alu or ti cages, these are my first rigid carbon ones.

Got some Elite Hygenics ordered now, thanks.

emike

by emike

WeightySteve
Is it tight enough for MTB? Can't choose between Sior Carbon & Sion EVO Carbon..

gummee

by gummee

I know they're low-brow, but the Velocity cages I got for $10 (and were lighter than carbon cages!) don't like my C-bak bottles. WAY too tight to get out without wrestling with them. On the other hand, the Specialized bottles I've been using for ages work just fine.

HTH

M

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Camelback and Polar bottles don't follow standard bottle sizes as they need to be bigger because of the insulation in order to preserve capacity.
Most European cages wont accept these bottles...Elite Sior, New Ultimate, etc....those with close loops.
Elite Customs are Ok with them....Tune is also Ok.

emike

by emike

Damn Sior Carbon cage! Can't using it with Camelbac Podium bottles. Too damn tight fit and require the use of TWO HANDS to remove it.
How about Specialized Purist bottles? Anyone using it with Sior Carbon cage?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Camelbak bottles are my favourites. i went from sworks, to mandibles trying to find a cage that worked. have tune wassertrager unis now. they are awesome - light, attractive, easy out, locked in. perfect.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zachariah

by Zachariah

Terrible cage. I had to cut the center arch off mine....but then the grip suddenly became too scary loose - one speed bump, and your bottle flies off. I call poor design and execution. My cage is now worthless....
Due to the urging of all the ladies...I do NOT shave my legs!

Youcef

by Youcef

Teriible cage, destroyed a frame ( bidon bolts came loose) becauae of these. Throw them away.

emike

by emike

mandibles trying to find a cage that worked

Mandible(Arundel) doesn't work with Camelback bottles too?

Zachariah

by Zachariah

If Elite SpA is even listening - please redesign the Sior Race, by removing the restrictive center "arch" and move the cage clamps UP 30mm for a simple, elegant design and functional cage. There is absolutely no need to require the use of TWO HANDS to access drink, or carry bidons less than 65mm wide. Follow this un-patented example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-3K-Carbon- ... 485232d96d

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

They already did the re-design...its' called the Sior Mio. We just received the first batch of them and they should work with any kind of bottle.

Zachariah

by Zachariah

I see they even came out with the ProTour Sior EvO....but $100 for a bottle cage? WTF???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

emike wrote:
mandibles trying to find a cage that worked

Mandible(Arundel) doesn't work with Camelback bottles too?

They work perfectly with Camelback, Elite and probably with plenty of other bottles.
Stunning cages!