Campagnolo Pro-fit vs Look Keo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roel W

by Roel W

Riding Campanolo Pro-fit Centaur pedals since 2001, I need an extra set of pedals for a spare bike.
I'm satisfied about the Pro Fits but Pro-fit pedals are hard to find nowadays. Pro-fit Record is the only available model and is quite expensive.
Shall I search for another set of used Pro-fit pedals on ebay or is there a good reason I should use Look Keo (or something else but no Speedplay for me)?
If I switch to Look Keo, I have to buy 2 sets: one for my current bike and one for my spare bike so it won't be cheap either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maccpres

by maccpres

2001 !!! I have 2 pair of Pro-fits and have at least 40,000 miles on each pair. I wouldn't mind something lighter but they never wear out. They spin as good today as the day I got them. I've never has a more durable bike component. If they ever wear out I might switch to something lighter but I have no idea when that will be. Since you already have them I'd get another pair.

Geoff

by Geoff

If you like 'em, keep 'em. You will certainly find them on fleabay.

I went from Campagnolo to Look a long time ago (mind you, that was from Campagnolo Superleggra track pedals with toeclips and straps to the first Look pedals in the mid-80's) and have never looked back. The Look Keo blades (16nM versions, please), are fantastic.

tommasini

by tommasini

The Campys have a better reputation over the Looks for durability. You can pick up the Record level Campys (with Ti axle) for $195 USD from Ribble (due to their 10% off sale).

Tricky1

by Tricky1

Still have some profits and agree they're bombproof, but man they kill my feet. Though not as durable, still love my Keo's!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Have moved from Record Pro-Fits to Keo Blade Ti, mainly for weight reasons. I loved (still love) my Pro-Fits, but didn't like the weight and was thoroughly annoyed at the price of a new set of cleats with the metal inserts, which I considered to be sold at highway robbery prices.

But all in all the Pro-Fits are top notch pedals that will outlast your current ride.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Roel W

by Roel W

Just found a set of Centaurs at 30€ or Chorus at 40€.
The seller has both. They're used in competition but it still seems a bargain.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pantani

by Pantani

The platform on the Pro-fits is a little small by today's standards, but they certainly are durable.

Shimano SPD SLs are probably the best alternative combining comfort, efficiency and durability if you do look to change.
Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.