New user and my 2012Cervelo R5 VWD ltd.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

russellis

by russellis

liam7020 wrote:
crispy wrote:
dgasmd wrote:Lovely bike. Just a comment, and by no means a criticism. I wonder why we see across the pond so mane bikes with the rear brake cables to the L briefter instead of the R as it is the norm in the US.

Hi I think this is just the way we set them up. Not exactly sure why its how I've always had it. Maybe the Europeans are different to the Americans way etc? Not sure really....

No this is pretty much limited to the UK/British Isles where I assume you live, judging by the electrical socket in one of your photos. Europeans tend to wire the back brake to the right shifter etc.

Most people are right handed aren't they? Makes sense to me to have your right hand controlling the front brake as this is the most used brake and your right hand will be better at modulating the pressure.

All motorbikes (as far as I know) have the clutch on the left and front brake lever on the right side as well. Must be for a reason.

UK knows best ;-)

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Yup.. Or though the front brake on the left is known as 'Euro style' how American to presume that it's American style :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crispy

by crispy

Well tbh as long as they work when needed I'm not bothered which way round they are. But I like them as they are. Each to their own. No right or wrong way IMO :D

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I'm in the moto cycle camp.. Front brake on the right :thumbup:

russellis

by russellis

sugarkane wrote:I'm in the moto cycle camp.. Front brake on the right :thumbup:

:thumbup:

em3

by em3

great looking ride and sharp build...but that horrible tape finishing job and those valve caps? Oye!
EM3

benolium

by benolium

sugarkane wrote:I'm in the moto cycle camp.. Front brake on the right :thumbup:

Indeed :beerchug: braap

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I just got over my irrational hatred of Ritchey components. Those look awesome.

crispy

by crispy

em3 wrote:great looking ride and sharp build...but that horrible tape finishing job and those valve caps? Oye!
EM3

Yes I'm not entirely happy with the tape but its gonna have to do. Do u mean as it falls short on the bars? I couldn't of pulled it any tighter it would of snapped. The last 3 lots of fizik tape I've had ive noticed have all been the same, run short on the bars.... There was a time when you got plenty left over but that's not the case these days. They must be cutting costs.

Anyway thanks for the comments.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

It's wrapped too tightly (i.e. the wraps are too close together) on the bottom portion of the bars - loosen those off (i.e. wrap more sparingly down low) and Robert is your mother's brother.

crispy

by crispy

BikeTart wrote:It's wrapped too tightly (i.e. the wraps are too close together) on the bottom portion of the bars - loosen those off (i.e. wrap more sparingly down low) and Robert is your mother's brother.

Robert is my mothers brother. How did you know? :lol: and I'm not joking!

sawyer

by sawyer

I like it!

Nice build. Like the fact you have 12nm Blades rather than the wishful thinking 16s.

Like Ritchey components ... had Biketart's irrational dislike until 2010 until I dressed my Canyon in them... and now think they are the dbs.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

crispy

by crispy

sawyer wrote:I like it!

Nice build. Like the fact you have 12nm Blades rather than the wishful thinking 16s.

Like Ritchey components ... had Biketart's irrational dislike until 2010 until I dressed my Canyon in them... and now think they are the dbs.

I had the ritchey carbon wcs stuff on my last bike but the new superlogic is really something else. The quality of the kit is awesome in the flesh IMO and hopefully not many people will choose to have it so u don't see it about. Which I like a lot.