+1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

probably because he wanted a power meter without spending the coin for a da9000 srm(?)

PSM

by PSM

nathanong87 wrote:probably because he wanted a power meter without spending the coin for a da9000 srm(?)

Ah! I did not see that power crank!

bwdftp

by bwdftp

PSM wrote:Nice but it seems to be a bit heavy ?

NiFTY wrote:I agree. I would have thought it would be lighter, even allowing for the quarq. Nice build though.

PSM wrote:Your scale must be wrong?

Might have to check. Didn't weigh individual components. Based on claimed weights, could be out by a couple of hundred grams perhaps. But not too much. Weights include garmin 810, garmin outfront mount, etc. The Quarq adds a couple of hundred grams over full 9070.

bwdftp

by bwdftp

yeaitsdave wrote:Why is it heavier with 202s than 303s?

And gorgeous bike, although I think matte black cages would look better.

202s are clinchers (training), 303s are tubulars (racing).

bwdftp

by bwdftp

wasabi1 wrote:Why the red crankset? This deserves 9000

Red crankset for the Quarq.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Fine build. How does it ride? Many coming from the addict seem not to be comfortable with the increased harshness, thoughts?
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

bwdftp

by bwdftp

mrowkoob wrote:Fine build. How does it ride? Many coming from the addict seem not to be comfortable with the increased harshness, thoughts?

Thanks. I haven't ridden an Addict, but it's my second Foil, after coming from a Cervelo R3. You probably wouldn't say the ride is comfortable (and definitely not soft and spongy) - very stiff and you can feel the road - but then it's a race bike! However, personally, I'm fine with that and happy enough to ride it all day (I have done a number of 200km+ rides with no worries).

mihai

by mihai

great bike.

bwdftp

by bwdftp

Tidied up the bar tape a little (still not perfect, but this will have to do for the time being) and added a Garmin 810. Hard finding a good mount to get the Garmin out front that fits these bars...

haydos

by haydos

Yeaitsdave, the 303's are tubs and the 202's are clinchers...

nice bike btw
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

AndyLHK

by AndyLHK

HI

planning to install both Di2 9070 and 2012 SRAM Red Quarq power meter on my Specialized Frame....was told that these 2 arn't compatible. Obviously by you photos this is not the case. Any issues here. In general is there any compatability issues with using standard (meaning old 10speed) chainrings with the new 11sp Di2.....??

thanks

bwdftp

by bwdftp

AndyLHK wrote:HI

planning to install both Di2 9070 and 2012 SRAM Red Quarq power meter on my Specialized Frame....was told that these 2 arn't compatible. Obviously by you photos this is not the case. Any issues here. In general is there any compatability issues with using standard (meaning old 10speed) chainrings with the new 11sp Di2.....??

thanks

No issues as such. I also run a Quarq with Shimano Di2 7090 on a Scott Foil 10. The changes with the Quarq are not quite as crisp as with the Shimano crankset and rings - on my Foil 10 I ran full Shimano before I got the Quarq and the changes with the Quarq, whilst good, were not quite as good as with the full Shimano. I went straight to the Quarq on this bike with the 11 speed 9070 Di2, so I haven't got a reference point there, but logic says that full Shimano would be better.

However, overall, no compatibility issues at all - no need to do anything special as regards set up - bike was built from scratch in a couple of hours. For me, having the powermeter definitely offsets any downside in shifting performance. It is fair to say that SRAM and Shimano both overstate the compatibility issues - they'd like you to believe that you need to stick fully with their product, but that definitely isn't the case.

mann2

by mann2

Love the bike! Foils look great! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

Hi - do you have any rubbing issues with the 303 tubulars? Was thinking of picking up a pair myself. Not a heavy rider.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium