New user and my 2012Cervelo R5 VWD ltd.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

crispy

by crispy

Hi all, my first post on WW so please be gentle. Last yr I decided to get myself a new summer bike for this yr. after many many hours, days, weeks researching for my ultimate build I finally ended up with this. I wanted a light bike that would ride well and pretty much do everything, and this is the end result.

The build consists of.

Cervelo r5 VWD ltd frameset
Campagnolo super record groupset
Rotor 3df chainset with rotor Q rings
Rotor ceramic BB
Ritchey superlogic bars stem and seatpost
Fizik Arione vs saddle
Fulcrum racing zero dark label Wheelset
Ultremo zx tyres
Mitchelin latex tubes
Fizik bar tape
Elite ltd edition matte blk bottle cages

I haven't ridden this yet which is why i have the 2 big spacers there, this is still to be cut down to the height i want it, ive had my bike fit and ive been told the stem can be slammed if i want it doing but I'm still riding my winter bike atm so as soon as I get the chance to ride it i shall come back and give you all a report. :D

Thanks hope you like it...

Last edited by crispy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russellis

by russellis

looking sweeeeeeeet !!

Great build ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexwilier

by alexwilier

Very, very nice bike. Like the combination of Campy groupset and the Ritchey parts a lot. No 3T on a Cervélo is like a breath of fresh air!

crispy

by crispy

alexwilier wrote:Very, very nice bike. Like the combination of Campy groupset and the Ritchey parts a lot. No 3T on a Cervélo is like a breath of fresh air!

Thanks a lot that's exactly what my way of thinking was. Nothing wrong with 3t but every cervelo you see always seem to have it. I like to be different..

bencolem

by bencolem

Agreed, like the way the 3 bolts on the stem match the 3 holes on the shifters. Well judged build all round.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

:welcome:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

fio
in the industry

by fio

Sweet bike. That new Ritchey stuff does look good.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

beautiful bike!
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

paradawt

by paradawt

OMG just perfect!!!

Love the ritchey components.
Berria Belador 7

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Lovely bike. Just a comment, and by no means a criticism. I wonder why we see across the pond so mane bikes with the rear brake cables to the L briefter instead of the R as it is the norm in the US.

benolium

by benolium

Great Build :thumbup: Gutsy move to Go Ritchey on a Cervelo...especially on WW. My motocross friends also change their brakes on their road and mtn bikes to keep things consistent. Maybe your reason? either way, nice ride, and welcome.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

:welcome:

Very nice ride. Always good to see another Campa equipped Cervelo!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

crispy

by crispy

dgasmd wrote:Lovely bike. Just a comment, and by no means a criticism. I wonder why we see across the pond so mane bikes with the rear brake cables to the L briefter instead of the R as it is the norm in the US.

Hi I think this is just the way we set them up. Not exactly sure why its how I've always had it. Maybe the Europeans are different to the Americans way etc? Not sure really....

crispy

by crispy

benolium wrote:Great Build :thumbup: Gutsy move to Go Ritchey on a Cervelo...especially on WW. My motocross friends also change their brakes on their road and mtn bikes to keep things consistent. Maybe your reason? either way, nice ride, and welcome.

Is Ritchey not the done thing on WW then?

I'd wanted to swap the 3t because every cervelo I see has that finishing kit and I wanted to be different. I loved the look of the new superlogic kit, and I think it works very well. Glad you like it and thanks a lot... I can't wait to ride it now. Only problem is if I cave now there is no chance ill be riding my winter bike again this yr so I'm waiting just yet...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

crispy wrote:
dgasmd wrote:Lovely bike. Just a comment, and by no means a criticism. I wonder why we see across the pond so mane bikes with the rear brake cables to the L briefter instead of the R as it is the norm in the US.

Hi I think this is just the way we set them up. Not exactly sure why its how I've always had it. Maybe the Europeans are different to the Americans way etc? Not sure really....

No this is pretty much limited to the UK/British Isles where I assume you live, judging by the electrical socket in one of your photos. Europeans tend to wire the back brake to the right shifter etc.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen