Assos bib short sizing - Really???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

6'5" and you are an XL. I am 6'0" and 160 lbs. the large I wore today are perfect. You don't have to worry about the perfect size of bibs like you do with shirts since they are skin tight.

Again sir, you are 6'5" tall, you may have noticed that when you look around most people are shorter than you lol. That's what I would say and XL is made for. Since giants and ogres are not real.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

huddini

by huddini

I am 190cm 84kg W33.

I have the F13, TK434, TK607 and FI.Mille in size L. The Mille are too wide in the legs, so have to give em to a friend...

MagnusH

by MagnusH

prendas.co.uk wrote:Whilst many of our competitors still quote waist sizes, this dimension actually has no relevance when it comes to bib short sizing. This part of the garment will stretch almost indefinitely.

This is a good point when it comes to bib-sizing.

RudyMontana

by RudyMontana

FWIW I am 5'7 160lbs and wear a medium. I would say you will find a medium to small.

RedRacer

by RedRacer

drchull wrote:I am 6'3" and 195 lbs at race weight (won't tell you where I am now) and find the XL perfect. I think even 10-15 lbs lighter they would be tight enough. I find though the straps are okay in a tuck, they are quite short when standing and you are two inches taller than me and I have a very short torso for my height. You may find them a little short if you size down.

Agreed. I am 6'2" 190lbs with an average (i.e. not long) torso and the Assos XL shoulder straps are uncomfortably tight when standing and barely acceptable when riding. Unless Assos offers a 'tall' version I won't buy another pair.

Open to other high-end brand suggestions that might suit taller riders better.

bluesea

by bluesea

FWIW I find the current Uno to be fit a *bit* taller than the FI13 S2/S5.

afie

by afie

Northoceanbeach wrote:Again sir, you are 6'5" tall, you may have noticed that when you look around most people are shorter than you lol. That's what I would say and XL is made for. Since giants and ogres are not real.

Thanks for missing the point of the thread.

I ordered from a place I can return to easily. I prefer tight and will see how the XL's go - loose i any way and I will be exchanging or returning.
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

I'm not sure I missed the point, the rest of my post was my experience with Assos sizing. Can we really not have a little seance of humour here?

Anyways that's a real answer, I may have tried to be funny but the point is valid.

You are in the top 1% of the height range so I can't see how if you don't wear an XL who would?

Particularly since they are made to stretch at the legs and waist. I think you only need worry about length, and what people haven't mentioned is I'm sure you har long legs, not only do you need to har the bib straps long enough but you need the inseam long enough as well.

Everybody knows Assos are known for a tight fit, I'm sure they will be tight enough.

Tricky1

by Tricky1

I'm glad I was able to try a few on first. If you have the opportunity, that'd be my advice. Seems like everyone is all over the place on sizing here...

bikedoc

by bikedoc

198cm tall 33cm waiste ended up with a large and got the shoulder straps extended a lot.

on a side note worst shorts ive ever had where it came to durability. Im sticking with giordana and sportful shorts now

Hubert

by Hubert

I am 6'2" and typically wear a 32" inseam, and have a longer torso than I do legs.

I have a 32" waist and usually wear a medium in all other brands of bibs (i.e., Pearl Izumi, Capo, Squadra, etc etc).

In Assos, I am a medium in the ss13 bibs and a medium in the thermal bibs.

I tried the Mille bibs with the regular length legs (in a Medium), and while they fit well, the legs were too long for my taste (I prefer the Belgian tan line; i.e., Hoogerland, et al).

Anyway, I had the same process of discovery with Assos and I hope this helps. The garments are well worth the journey.
Turn down the suck knob.

winky

by winky

Why is Assos so expensive?

PSM

by PSM

Because ASSOS is the best.

I tried so many different brands. Nothing is as good as ASSOS. And I mean both comfort AND the quality.

kode54

by kode54

RudyMontana wrote:FWIW I am 5'7 160lbs and wear a medium. I would say you will find a medium to small.

same here. 5'8" 150lbs and wear medium in bib shorts. the winter bib tights tend to be more difficult to fit because of the length of the tights. it takes some time to get into any of the tights. knickers are less troublesome, and shorts are relatively easy. i could probably get into a size small, but have never tried...only in the LL716 which was so tight that it pulled on the shoulders and left a mark after taking it off. so i always seem to get medium.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robmitchell

by robmitchell

To the original poster, let us know how they fit when you get them.

At risk of making this thread worse....
Are you sure about your Desoto bibs being medium?

I ordered a medium size 400 mile bib short (based on their size chart) and had to return them for large.
I am 5 10" and range from 155-150 lbs. depending on miles ridden and beers consumed.
Most shorts I wear medium and a few require large.

Someone 6 5" wearing medium seems odd, perhaps their sizing has changed.