The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Definitely not the lightest option but they were a great price and should still be a pretty bling addition to my TT bike rebuild project....

Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

manne

by manne

Oakley Radarlock.

djm

by djm

manne: Best glasses out there ! :-)

Today: Garmin Edge out-front mount, 11-32 SRAM 1070-cassette (for Gran Canaria, and hopefully it'll work with DADi2), GP4000s, SKS Raceblade Long for the spring and fall training on the road bike, 3T Rotundo Pro for my crossbike (or roadbike, haven't decided yet)

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

trychle wrote:
Kjetil wrote:
jsprbcn wrote:ELITE Custom Race Bottle Cage black matte soft touch
Want!

Do you have a 'real life' picture of those cages for me?

ELITE Custom Race bottle cage black matte soft touch by jsprhrmsn.photography, on Flickr

ELITE Custom Race bottle cage black matte soft touch by jsprhrmsn.photography, on Flickr

ps: maybe we should start a topic where people can post/request actual photos of products, bike parts, details etc.??

manne

by manne

djm wrote:manne: Best glasses out there ! :-)

Today: Garmin Edge out-front mount, 11-32 SRAM 1070-cassette (for Gran Canaria, and hopefully it'll work with DADi2), GP4000s, SKS Raceblade Long for the spring and fall training on the road bike, 3T Rotundo Pro for my crossbike (or roadbike, haven't decided yet)

No doubt about that my friend :thumbup:

handler

by handler

djm wrote:manne: Best glasses out there ! :-)

11-25 is more than enough for Gran Canaria. Just a tip. Good luck.

djm

by djm

handler: I have a couple of hundred of hours riding in Gran Canaria and usually ride in the mountains, and not much on the false flats. My season start is coming closer, and riding three weeks with a slightly low cadence and too high torque is not going to do the preparations any good. I simply cannot ride hard on every ride and at all times.. On one of the first days we'll do the Valley of the Tears again, and I'm looking forward to doing it with proper gearing as opposed to the 26 I had last time :-)

I much prefer maintaining an 80+ cadence, and not one closer to 60, which in my opinion is too low. Some of the climbs are pretty steep and long, and I will do shorter and more anaerobic efforts. In order to get proper rest in between intervals having a really light gear is essential unless I were to ride up and down the same climb.

And.. I'll bring my usual 11-28 along aswell.

Also it would've perhaps been more sensible to use an 11-28 or 11-25 and a compact crankset, however I use my powermeter which is 130bcd and I have yet to procure a 110bcd PM :-)

manne

by manne

Icebreaker LS Sprint GT.

Best long sleeve base layer I've used so far.

JamieL

by JamieL

djm wrote:handler: I have a couple of hundred of hours riding in Gran Canaria and usually ride in the mountains, and not much on the false flats. My season start is coming closer, and riding three weeks with a slightly low cadence and too high torque is not going to do the preparations any good. I simply cannot ride hard on every ride and at all times.. On one of the first days we'll do the Valley of the Tears again, and I'm looking forward to doing it with proper gearing as opposed to the 26 I had last time :-)

Valley of tears with 40X25 left me with two dead legs. i would have loved a 32 cog at the back...

Just picked up a couple of these:

Looking forward to seeing how they compare to the Records

jbf

by jbf

This is what i bought today. Can't wait to try them. (FYI - Size 43 A-Two's)

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Picked up some Kitsbow baggies yesterday, wore them today. Really nice 8)

giant man

by giant man

manne wrote:Icebreaker LS Sprint GT.

Best long sleeve base layer I've used so far.

can't seem to get these anywhere now, where did you find yours?

fletch62

by fletch62

@jbf: Foster's, really :noidea: .
Nobody drinks that stuff, and i'm Australian. :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com