Tan sidewalls tyre on supersix evo

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sisbud

by Sisbud

Hi guys,

I have a supersix evo in black/white color and i am currently usng the zipp 202 FC.
I am wondering if tan sidewalls tyre would look good on the bike. If anyone has a supersix evo with tan sidewalls, would love to see them. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

N.T

by N.T

tan sidewalls look good on every bike
Fuelled by kofein

michel2

by michel2

Second that ! Cant go wrong with tan walls, i wisch there was more choice specially in 25 mm

cnbky

by cnbky

especially nice on traditional geos.

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

I disagree. Mine is black and white and I have had all black tires on. Well at the beginning of winter I put gp4000 4 seasons on and they are hideaous.

I'm just swapping wheels now, but those are good tires and they are staying on those rims, but they look terrible.

I think the C-dale is such a sleek modern looking animal that the tan or brown sidewalls just look way out of place and old fashioned. You definitely need a modern looking tire. I'll put a picture up soon, but I definitely wouldnt get them again, for this reason alone. And there are too many other options. I'm sure they would look good on a steel frame.

I would recommend Ultremo's. I think they look good, or the michelin's I don't know if your evo has a splash or red on itl, or if you are using SRAM red, if thats the case then +1 for the Ultremo. Some have a little red writing.

GT56

by GT56

my vote is against tan sidewalls

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

N.T wrote:tan sidewalls look good on every bike

:thumbup:

Not enough of them in the world.

Sisbud

by Sisbud

Northoceanbeach wrote:I disagree. Mine is black and white and I have had all black tires on. Well at the beginning of winter I put gp4000 4 seasons on and they are hideaous.

I'm just swapping wheels now, but those are good tires and they are staying on those rims, but they look terrible.

I think the C-dale is such a sleek modern looking animal that the tan or brown sidewalls just look way out of place and old fashioned. You definitely need a modern looking tire. I'll put a picture up soon, but I definitely wouldnt get them again, for this reason alone. And there are too many other options. I'm sure they would look good on a steel frame.

I would recommend Ultremo's. I think they look good, or the michelin's I don't know if your evo has a splash or red on itl, or if you are using SRAM red, if thats the case then +1 for the Ultremo. Some have a little red writing.

That is my feeling as well. Just curious how tan sidewalls would look on an evo. A picture would be much appreciated

Sisbud

by Sisbud

How about tan sidewalls on a dogma?

gilesharrison

by gilesharrison

I like a tab sidewall on an alloy rim but I think they look wrong on an all carbon rim.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Let it be known that as a rule tan side walls can only be used during Paris-Roubaix :smartass:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HillRPete

by HillRPete

gilesharrison wrote:I like a tab sidewall on an alloy rim but I think they look wrong on an all carbon rim.

What?
Steel That Sleeps the Eye

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Maybe this helps....

Timo

by Timo

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

haydos

by haydos

Sisbud wrote:

How about tan sidewalls on a dogma?

That's what I have :thumbup:
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR