Anders CAAD10 for the 2013 season (Di2 installation)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anders

by Anders

Hi Juggler

Yes I have seen yours, it's nice work but I'm not sure it would match that well on my bike, as it is a bit gray. Looks good on yours though, but do those CT2 chainrings save much over the SRAM? That is the GXP you have right. Dosn't the BB30 fit your frame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Juggler

by Juggler

lyot wrote:Impressive ! Do you have a complete picture of the bike with the new cranck ?

Have a look in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=106647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Juggler

by Juggler

Anders wrote:Hi Juggler

Yes I have seen yours, it's nice work but I'm not sure it would match that well on my bike, as it is a bit gray. Looks good on yours though, but do those CT2 chainrings save much over the SRAM? That is the GXP you have right. Dosn't the BB30 fit your frame?

Thanks... :)

I see your point... since your frame is a bit darker (close to black) than mine, you might be right.

The CT2 rings are lighter than the SRAM rings - well, as a matter of fact, the SRAM inner ring is a few grams lighter than the CT2. The difference is on the outer ring. The SRAM outer ring is really heavy. My scale screwed up, when I was weighing the CT2 outer ring. But a guess is, that the difference is around 30-40 grams.

Correct... I run the GXP cranks. The frame isn't fitted for BB30. Don't know why...

Anders

by Anders

The combination of my Negative G's, 21mm rims and new SwissStop brake pads just doesn't work out. There is no clearence and the wheel locks up even without the the cable installed. I tried opening the qiuck release lever and running the brakes that way, but this results in an angle between pads and rim which would make the pads stick to the rims. I simply need the low profile pad holder to make this work, which are very expensive on their own. What I did this evening was to order at set of refurbished Negative GSLs brakes from Ciamillo with the needed pad holders to replace my almost 4 year old Gs. They eill be sold as soon I see the package is on the way. Lookingmforward to see the effect of the new cams and better geometry. I was told they were in stock so I cross my fingers for speedy delivery and will hopefully be able to share a positive transaction with Kristi at Ciamillo. I'll let you know about the progress.
I have also enquired Smud about a setpost collar, as the stock Cannondale imo is a bit too shiny for the bike.

literider

by literider

Please post updates about the smud collar. I'd like to swap the stock Cannondale collar, but it seems like it's an odd size.

Anders

by Anders

I'm waiting to here back from him and will report back. The Cannondale is a propriotary diameter and afaik there exist no alternative than Smud who do custom sizes.

MagnusH

by MagnusH

Wouldn't the KCNC 30.7 mm seatpostcollar fit?
MCFK also does custom sized seatpostcollars.

Anders

by Anders

The KCNC is not much different from the stock one, want something that is more matte and less bulky. It seems like MCFK make some, but I don't like that split design. Haven't heatd from the Smud guy yet, so better be patient.
I just got the tracking number for my Ciamillo brakes. Good to see they take action and hopefully it will go smooth from here.

Juggler

by Juggler

Anders wrote:The KCNC is not much different from the stock one, want something that is more matte and less bulky. It seems like MCFK make some, but I don't like that split design. Haven't heatd from the Smud guy yet, so better be patient.
I just got the tracking number for my Ciamillo brakes. Good to see they take action and hopefully it will go smooth from here.

Good luck with the "new" GSL's... if not working, you will have look into the french dealer :)

Prepare yourself to be very patient regarding answer from Piotr Smudek... if no answer within a week, send him the same mail again.

Anders

by Anders

The brakes are on their way with USPS. I'll keep trying to get hold of him, it's not something that is preventing me from riding so no hurry.

Anders

by Anders

The brakes were shipped Friday and I received the today Wednesday here in Denmark. That's fast delivery. Though I ordered a refurbushed pair it seems I received a completely new pair with the changes introduced this year. Those are the delrin cable stop and aluminium quick release. When I have changed the bolts to ti they should weigh 186g including new SwissStop Black Prince brakepads. I'll get back with some riding experience later.

Juggler

by Juggler

Awesome...

Anders

by Anders

Juggler wrote:Awesome...

Thanks for the inputs Juggler. Only disapointing thing is that the graphics are now painted. My old ones were laser etched which last forever. It would have been extra nice if the quickrelease was anodised black as I understod was the intension. My ti bolts and a set of black barrel adjusters are waiting to be picked up at the postoffice. Not sure I find that new Delrin stop very practical and as the inner wire will slide when tightening the bolt it's not that easy to balance the lever stroke.

Juggler

by Juggler

Anders wrote:...it's not that easy to balance the lever stroke.

I find that a generel problem for these brakes - and other light weight brakes. They are a PITA to adjust - especially since they are not dual pivot. So they seem to draw to one side, no matter how hard you try to mount them, so they are fully fixed.

When (if ever) Shimano introduces a set of DA brakes with the same gun metal grey finish as the Ultegra, I will buy them instantly. I know this will give me quite a weight penalty. But they are - by far - the best brakes I have ever had.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders

by Anders

Yes they are some of the least user friendly brakes out there but the aestethics are unique and the performane is quite good. Regarding them pulling to one side that will be highly depending on how the cable routing is to the brake. On my bike it's not a problem.

I also considered the TRP 970SL which seems to be the only semi lightweight brake comparable with Shimano in the area of setup and ease of use. I just don't think they look as nice as the Ciamillo, they are 40g heavier and would have cost me 50% more than the Ciamillo.