Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Well, if I get a tube like this I could make it, but it's expensive.
Maybe I'll try to improve my tubing, but it's a process and I'll see what can I make (I do have a a short part of that tube se I can see how they make it :mrgreen: ). At this moment I don't dare yet to make a 40g tube (270mm long).
Also the saddle shell helps to lose some more weight, compared to the SLR shape it's almost 7g lighter only because the shape that allows a lighter layup.

Dennis

by Dennis

I haven't had one of your seatposts in my hands yet, but can tell you I already trust your skills more then Schmolke. I had one of there seatposts and broke it. They agreed it wasn't broke because of overtorque but couldn't offer me a replacement because they "calculated all forces" on the seatpost and they couldn't break in normal conditions.
So keep up the good work! If my budget allows i definetly buy one of your combo's!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Dennis wrote:/...They agreed it wasn't broke because of overtorque but couldn't offer me a replacement because they "calculated all forces" on the seatpost and they couldn't break in normal conditions.

:unbelievable:
Well, hopefully this tube will hold well. I'll really have to experiment a bit more with the tubing!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

A new project, after many many hours in SolidWorks, finaly finished! Also the moulds are designed and next step is to make them on CNC,...
I made it together with a friend of mine (www.gorjupdesign.si), a professional designer who works also for different companies, he's a real master of SolidWorks. Here osme photos during the SolidWorks work:

My aim for this saddle is to make it as light as possible and of course more comfortable than my one piece seatpost/saddle combos. The saddle has an unique design of the saddle rails - the saddle will be made in 2 steps (bonding the saddle rails and saddle shell), without any extra reinforcements between the saddle shell and saddle rails.

So here it is:

I think that I already mentined - we had a leather company in our family, so I'll be able to make some leather work again and cover some saddles,...as you can see the "bridge" on the back side of the saddle would be visible also if I cover the complete saddle with leather...we'll see, first I have to get the moulds and then make some first prototype saddles, can't wait! I'll keep you updated.

Otherwise I'm very busy with my university these days, but I'll soon have some more news, the ultralight combo is almost finished..

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

Nice saddle there Berk! a fan of your works.

Anders

by Anders

What are the measurements of the saddle? Is it inspired by the Toupe 143mm?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

If I'm honest I didn't had the Toupe in my hands yet, so I don't know, but it's similar to the SLR shape. So all riders who are used to that shape, or similar, shouldn't have any problems with this saddle.

This one is 130mm wide, but if there will be more request for a wider saddle I could make it later, wouldn't be a problem at all. First I'll make the moulds for this saddle and a few prototypes, and then see how to continue.

RoadManiac

by RoadManiac

Berk wrote:So here it is:

:shock: Berk, you're not normal,wonderful work. :thumbup:
One death is a tragedy- a million death is statistic.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks @RoadManiac :beerchug:

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure,

Do you have a projected weight for the new saddle?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

I calculated that it should have around 78g, but it's to early to confirm it. First I'll have to make a few prototype saddles and test them etc.,...

I'll most probably use also some new materials for this saddle - hybrid carbon / innegra s:

First I have to do some more experiments etc.,..I'll keep you updated!

cfred84

by cfred84

My aim for this saddle is to make it as light as possible and of course more comfortable than my one piece seatpost/saddle combos. The saddle has an unique design of the saddle rails - the saddle will be made in 2 steps (bonding the saddle rails and saddle shell), without any extra reinforcements between the saddle shell and saddle rails.

So here it is:

I think that I already mentined - we had a leather company in our family, so I'll be able to make some leather work again and cover some saddles,...as you can see the "bridge" on the back side of the saddle would be visible also if I cover the complete saddle with leather...we'll see, first I have to get the moulds and then make some first prototype saddles, can't wait! I'll keep you updated.

Otherwise I'm very busy with my university these days, but I'll soon have some more news, the ultralight combo is almost finished..[/quote]

Awesome. looks similar in shape to the Dash saddle I sent you for repair recently. Also reminds me of e Ax Lightness Leaf saddle.
If we can customize the width (ie. wider) of the saddle, I'll be the 1st in queue for them!!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!
I'll keep you updated about the saddle project. Otherwise it's no problem to make a wider saddle, but I'll see as soon as I make some first saddles that are 130mm. If I'll be financially able I'll invest also for a wider saddle / mould for it.

Just finished "the ultimate combo":

84,8g

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Loving the new saddle design. I ride an SLR on the road and a 130 Toupe on the CX. I love both so something like this new design would be great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com