"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

;)

petepeterson

by petepeterson

A couple things bothering me after catching up on this thread:

1.) Internet forum and social media insinuation of being on a 'first name basis' with pro bike riders who you met once. You're not pals stop acting like it on the internet.

2.) Pro bike riders with horrible tattoos. WTF - you got Olympic rings tattooed on your arm for winning a silver on the track? And are bragging about it in your victo salute? Brutal.

3.) Andy Schleck's softness. Seriously how much softer can you get? Comparing him to Jan (yes I mean Ullrich we are super tight) is an insult. When Ullrich was eating everything (pills included) he could at least finish races and be flying by July.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

stella-azzurra wrote:Can only worn by people that can crank out 400 watts per hr.

I can get from zero to 400 watts in way less than an hour. I probably can't hold it for very long though. Can I wear them? :wink:

KWalker

by KWalker

Be more specific with #1. I'm not BFF with Joe, but know him and have ridden with him in situations other than when he was pretty much demolishing local races. There are a lot of other people on here who know pros in the same way.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

wingguy wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:Can only worn by people that can crank out 400 watts per hr.

I can get from zero to 400 watts in way less than an hour. I probably can't hold it for very long though. Can I wear them? :wink:

Yes you can only if you wear the Fred Flintstone kit with them.

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Privateer

by Privateer

Picks for Strade Bianchi tomorrow?

Cancellara again?
Sagan?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

You watching roadside?

I hear Schleck is riding, he's gotta be a lock for a result ;-)

Random one, Evans. Won on the strada bianchi before and is on form.

munk93

by munk93

My money are on Sagan, but I'm not sure at all ;)

Privateer

by Privateer

Yep! :D

I definitely rate Evans' chances. His Giro stage win was heroic.

Schleck, umm not so much!

Interesting that OPQS aren't fielding a team. I guess their dance card is quite full this weekend. Shame, I'd have like to see Chavanel give it a crack.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Lars Boom.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Going with Canc on this one, think he might try the same thing as last year and see if anyone can hold on
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

AGW

by AGW

I'm going Sagan, Iglinsky, and Cancellara. Fabian will tow them both to the line and then they'll jump him.

And for Paris-Nice, I'm predicting Menchov, Westra, and TvG.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I'm not so sure. If there's several km to go and they're still sucking his wheel, Fabian can kick in the Gruber Assist and pull free of Sagan and Iglinsky.

russianbear

by russianbear

petepeterson wrote:A couple things bothering me after catching up on this thread:

2.) Pro bike riders with horrible tattoos. WTF - you got Olympic rings tattooed on your arm for winning a silver on the track? And are bragging about it in your victo salute? Brutal.

So are you the authority on "good tattos"? Olympic silver is pretty good in my book.. Sure bragging about it in a salute might be a little cockish but so what.

I think you let things bother you too easily ;)

AGW

by AGW

HammerTime2 wrote:I'm not so sure. If there's several km to go and they're still sucking his wheel, Fabian can kick in the Gruber Assist and pull free of Sagan and Iglinsky.

Like he did to Nibali and Gerrans at MsR last year? He's human and tires like the rest of us, and it certainly doesn't help that others refuse to work with him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Kasparz wrote:Saddlebag is not, but tubular mounted under the saddle is very europro. Maching bottles is a must unless they are part of frames color scheme.

This Joe guy has a lot to learn. But remember he is a neo pro. Give him a year he might get wise, and start using tubulars for training.