pc7 like mount for Garmin 500?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Want to buy as a gift for a recreational rider to mount Garmin 500
is the barfly 1.1 or SRAM quickview better?

Liggero

by Liggero

For the price, i think SRAM is the cheapest option, but in weight and appearance and options, I would go for RaceWare direct option. Barfly newest version I believe leaves the garmin still too high.
Happy Trails !!!

kode54

by kode54

i didn't see much difference in Barfly 1.0 and Barfly 1.1 as far as where it sits.

if you have a 500, K-edge would be more adjustable. if you have the Garmin 800, go with the Garmin Out-Front...sits nice and flush in front of the stem.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

bwdftp

by bwdftp

kode54 wrote:i didn't see much difference in Barfly 1.0 and Barfly 1.1 as far as where it sits.

if you have a 500, K-edge would be more adjustable. if you have the Garmin 800, go with the Garmin Out-Front...sits nice and flush in front of the stem.

Agree - have tried most of them - I'm a fan of the Garmin Out Front as you can get the garmin flush with stem/bar. The sram and Barfly sit the garmin up above the line of the bars.

ave

by ave

Does somebody know what mount is this? The part marked B-4.
I'm trying to build a front mount for my Liquid Image EGO camera, this part would be ideal for me.

ms6073

by ms6073

I would imagine that part is simply a stock seatpost/handlebar reflector mount which are required on new bikes sold in the US, many LBS probably have a parts bin/box full of them, thus could probably be sourced for free.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Riccfs
in the industry

by Riccfs

Hello All,
We are in development of making a mount for the 500 on the handlebar, It will be a carbon part weighing in the 10 gram range. We plan on having parts ready for sale by the middle of march.

trychle

by trychle

Riccsfs, will the mount be symmetric (like the one Tillquist makes) or will it be more like a barfly?

VTjunkie

by VTjunkie

Martyn's solution at Raceware Direct is by far and away the best solution. The customer service is out of this world and his product is impeccable and super light. Additionally, unlike some other mounts that are installed with the stem's pattern, the mount can be adjusted up and down to level the Garmin opposed to pointing its nose toward pavement (on a -6 stem for example). Lastly, his solution, of the bar mounted options, tucks in the tightest to the face of the stem. You won't regret a purchase from Raceware Direct. Cheers

andylav

by andylav

This revised version from Barfly (Barfly 2.0) looks very good - two mounting positions to accommodate 500/510/800/810 close to the stem plate, in line with top of stem, added Di2 /EPS mounting functionality and - most impressively - $20 / £16.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/t ... nts-36943/

Rippin

by Rippin

Bravo, Tate Labs! Feature-rich at a more reasonable price point.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

duffin

by duffin

Any update on the best FSA Plasma bar mount?

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Indeed we now offer a mount for the FSA plasma bars, it can be found on the racewaredirect website in a variety of colours. I am not saying it is the best but it is a choice.
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

Just tried out my new Garmin mount. Was very dissapointed and swapped immediately back to my racewaredirect. The garmin computer does not sit straight on the mount! :unbelievable: Beats the whole point of having it up front. Its only slightly off (5degrees?) but its enough to annoy me. The locking mechanism seems rather loose too...
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim