Frustrated Canadian - CAAD 10's in Vancouver??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

boolinwall

by boolinwall

And I do apologize for coming off topic myself.
You have been more than patient and any shop should be completely understanding of your going elsewhere to get a new CAAD 10. And from the folks I know who have them, they're worth looking for. Most would consider it the finest alloy frame in production right now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rickster1

by Rickster1

My buddy just picked up a CAAD 10 at BSP less than a week ago. He got the Rival in aluminum and black. Its a sweet looking bike and a pound lighter than the 105 version. They have a super price on these 2012 models. No reason to be unhappy, its just the colour that is the issue and I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. The liquigas colours are no more so why even bother?

604Yarks

by 604Yarks

Rickster1 wrote:My buddy just picked up a CAAD 10 at BSP less than a week ago. He got the Rival in aluminum and black. Its a sweet looking bike and a pound lighter than the 105 version. They have a super price on these 2012 models. No reason to be unhappy, its just the colour that is the issue and I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. The liquigas colours are no more so why even bother?

A pound lighter!
Wow.
Gonna walk down there @ lunch today if I get the chance.

As for liquigas colors, it wasn't really about the team, I just digged the color combo against the white base.
2013 CAAD 10 105
My wallet gets more weight-weenie by the day.

604Yarks

by 604Yarks

Stop the presses!

By odd coincidence (or an indication that the mfg's read the forum), I just got an email saying my bike will arrive Monday!

Crossing fingers, eyes, and toes in the mean-time.
And I'll still make a trip down to BSP to have a look at their stock though
2013 CAAD 10 105

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

604Yarks wrote:(or an indication that the mfg's read the forum)

They do. :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Coincidence or not, Monday should be a great day for you. If only the weather would cooperate here in Vancouver.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Buffalo

by Buffalo

+7 and a little rain? I would love that right now. It was a huge victory that I did not have to wear a toque today here in Whitehorse! :mrgreen:

604Yarks

by 604Yarks

Buffalo wrote:+7 and a little rain? I would love that right now. It was a huge victory that I did not have to wear a toque today here in Whitehorse! :mrgreen:

Spent a few weeks in Whitehorse several years ago, lovely place! Must be great riding (in the summer).
2013 CAAD 10 105

604Yarks

by 604Yarks

Vuong05 wrote:Coincidence or not, Monday should be a great day for you. If only the weather would cooperate here in Vancouver.

If it works out, I'll be taking a day off next week to ride it :) (rain or shine)
2013 CAAD 10 105

boolinwall

by boolinwall

Fingers crossed bud. New bike day is always magical.

Buffalo

by Buffalo

Yah Whitehorse is good riding in the summer, get off work and then you can ride until 11:30 when the sun goes down.

Chris_W

by Chris_W

This is a problem with every model of Cannondale. I work in a shop that sells Cannondale and Specialized. When Cannondale don't have a bike that we want to order and give an estimated shipping time then I can guarantee that they won't even come close to making that date. When the same situation occurs with Specialized, then they often have the bike by the date or soon after.

This is just one of many reasons why I dislike all Cannondales, and I rarely recommend one to any customer (other reasons being that they are obsessed with oversizing everything and making it incompatible, for inventing the BB30 system that only causes problems, and for having no idea about design other than putting their name on the bike as many times as possible in as large letters as possible - other brands obviously do this, but Cannondale are the worse).

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Chris_w, sounds like you don't sell a lot of Cannondales. So you get the short end of the stick compared to higher tier dealers.
If you place an order for a bike that's supposed to get there in a month, three and a half weeks later a top50 dealer places an order for the same bike (or a few of them), he gets to cut in line. You may be bumped to the next shipment. Sad but true. Also, everyone knows caad10s are hot right now, savvy dealers would've stocked up in preseason orders or gotten a couple hundred in a custom run.

boolinwall

by boolinwall

What I find funny about that is the fact that while C-dale held the patent on the BB-30 system every other manufacturer said it was no good. An hour after C-dale opened the design up to all manufacturers, every other company had their bikes specd with them. I'll agree that not every cannondale innovation is a great one. Their first attempt at disk brakes was just plain ugly. But they get credit for trying new ideas in a world where so many other companies just follow what others are doing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvincere

by dvincere

Chris_W wrote:[...] and for having no idea about design other than putting their name on the bike as many times as possible in as large letters as possible - other brands obviously do this, but Cannondale are the worse).

A bit of sliding off topic, but Canyon is the worst at this... Honestly, BB30 has been great for me. My only complaint about Cannondale is it's way too much advertising for my tastes. But I still own one so I guess it's not hurting them too badly.

A local shop was selling multiple CAAD10's a day last spring. They had trouble building them fast enough. They were the only C'dale dealer in the area that was smart enough to order truck loads of them early so while everyone else was sold out they were cleaning house. The owner of my usually preferred shop kept saying aluminum is dead and didn't stock too many CAAD10's and kept trying to push everyone to CF. When it came to the end of the run guess which shop got their order and which one couldn't? He undoubtedly lost a lot of business because of this. It's just how it is. If you're a big seller for C'dale, they definitely treat your orders better and in turn you get to move even more C'dale stock.