"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AGW

by AGW

http://www.velofutur.es/noticias/2013/02/26/exclusiva-el-uci-worldtour-morira-en-2015/

Future of the World Tour structure is uncertain after the 2014 season.

russianbear

by russianbear

How tall is he and what size frame is he riding? Maybe it's the angle but looks like he's dwarfing that frame... more so than usual as far as pros go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Loving the Neo-PRO getting skewered by the weenies on the style front :D Let's just hope he doesn't come flying up behind us on a climb one day and make us all look incredibly average.

Privateer

by Privateer

You have to become a pro to earn the right not to look like a pro! :lol:

(there's no mistaking a pro, even when they break all the fashion rules)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

ultyguy wrote:Loving the Neo-PRO getting skewered by the weenies on the style front :D Let's just hope he doesn't come flying up behind us on a climb one day and make us all look incredibly average.

The fact of the matter is that we are incredibly average. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

I have ridden with that kid, and he is legit. A nice guy all around as well. As far as what he weighs, I bet he and the bike are pretty close...He is a tiny in weight guy, but he is tall.

I hope he does well.

I personally like his setup, because it says to all - I am out here for business, not magazine print!

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

im not even "incredibly" average.....
:cry:
Official cafe stop tester

ultyguy

by ultyguy

stella-azzurra wrote:The fact of the matter is that we are incredibly average. :lol:

Indeed, but some days, we do get lucky ;)

Edit- note that neither JD or anyone of any reasonable cycling talent was involved in this photo

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

can anyone re-post that picture of the pro-guy riding a steel frame time trial bike (from last season i think) from a tour in....south america i believe? (is this too vauge?)

twigstim

by twigstim

Joe is going to makes lots of riders cringe on steep ascents this year. To see this young american with less years than I do this will make me very pleased.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

This one Nathanong87?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

YUP! which race was this from again? and what is the team?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Cesar Berti, of Uruguay's national team, Stage 4 of Tour de San Luis.

(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=75179&hilit=burden&start=6165#p841228)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KWalker

by KWalker

russianbear wrote:How tall is he and what size frame is he riding? Maybe it's the angle but looks like he's dwarfing that frame... more so than usual as far as pros go.

6 feet 2, rides a 60

I doubt Joe gives two shits about the internets and what they think of his bike. He started road racing for fun 3 years ago and now he is on the best team of the world, living in Europe, and he gets to race the Giro.

I've ridden with him and he looks completely normal on that bike relatively speaking since he's ridiculously slender and very tall.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

KWalker wrote:
russianbear wrote:How tall is he and what size frame is he riding? Maybe it's the angle but looks like he's dwarfing that frame... more so than usual as far as pros go.

6 feet 2, rides a 60

I doubt Joe gives two shits about the internets and what they think of his bike. He started road racing for fun 3 years ago and now he is on the best team of the world, living in Europe, and he gets to race the Giro.

I've ridden with him and he looks completely normal on that bike relatively speaking since he's ridiculously slender and very tall.

Are you sure? Wiggins is that height and rides a 56, it looks like a 58 to me, the 60 is massive.