...and now, for something completely different...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

sir, not only would i never joke about that sort of thing, i had absolutely no idea about your physical situation. and for the record, before you twist my words further, for whatever it's worth i have personally contributed in helping support a para athlete in his effort for racing on the paralympic world stage as well as medical surgery/recovery, so to imply or state explicitly that i'd make a joke about you is 100% wrong in every way based upon who i am and how i conduct myself.

you simply put up a picture of your frame and introduced it, along with some strangely worded references to tea parties, conspiracy theories and oppressive forum admins in cahoots with bike distributors. seeing "eat. sh!t. ride." on a frame as a prominent logo is bold, if anything. if you're going to put that out there, expect criticism as well as appreciation.

please don't twist my comment around as a personal attack on you, because it isn't and was never intended as such. what i was going to say initially was that a bold, if not crass, statement like that on a frame ought to be backed up by someone who can really go fast. bravado in words and attitude are best paired with a strong ride, no?

and by the way, i like the frame and paint design, just not the 3 words referred to above. the "dude" in that lettering i do like. it's catchy, and personalized.

phatphuk wrote:
jz4nyc wrote:what, exactly, are you looking for from people with your frame design?

certainly not jokes about my handicap. that's for sure :evil:

phatphuk

by phatphuk

Mod edit: enough!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

phatphuk, us Aussies are pretty broad in our knowledge of the rest of the world. The vernacular wasn't lost on me. I maintains, little disturbing to have it on a bike.

jz4nyc wrote:perhaps your legs will do the real talking.

Pretty much.

phatphuk wrote: sermon this morning give everybody a case of the holy moly's? or what? :roll:

Ironically enough, can you dispense with yours and get back to treating people, looking to engage you about your bike, in a civil manner.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

To make it clear, no one was having a go at you.

Or your disability.

Please, can we drop the 'victim' card (and wise arse final word) and see this thing built up. As regardless of the paint, a generic version of the S5 does actually interest me.

Mike V

by Mike V

phatphuk wrote:
Mike V wrote:What is the pattern of the wallpaper on the ceiling?

is that your best shot? :unbelievable: surely, you can do better than that. i would have thought the wrinkly white sheet was an easier target :P oh well! whatever floats your boat :wink:

Sorry I asked. It looks like a pattern a friend in LA was looking for a movie set.

phatphuk

by phatphuk

Mike V wrote:...It looks like a pattern a friend in LA was looking for a movie set.

kewl! tell him he has my permission to copy and clone it in photoshop :wink:

Roobay

by Roobay

img too big
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

phatphuk

by phatphuk

lyot wrote:Using "Phatphuk" as brand would have been cooler...

well, lyot, my man! i have given your suggestion some thought. and i have reached what i think is - and i hope you will agree - a phair compromise: seeing that my real nickname uses F-s instead of Ph-s as the phirst letters of each syllable (only foneticized herein, phor the holy-molys amongst us), the wheels i have chosen as the phinishing touch to my build, are a nod to you and your valued input, my good man!
Last edited by phatphuk on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

realoriginallike

by realoriginallike

Awesome :thumbup:

phatphuk

by phatphuk

realoriginallike wrote:Awesome :thumbup:

thanks, guy. and @ 1350g total, they're very light for 60mm!

realoriginallike

by realoriginallike

Yo dude! I've noticed that a couple other posters have flown off half cocked over your choice of decals.

I cant see what is the big deal myself. I mean it aint like it adds any extra weight to the frame or anything :lol:

But thats just how I roll :wink: Hell back in the day me and my skate boarding chums had all kinds of fowl language pasted all over our skater sh**!

So instead of blurting out with a similar negatory knee jerk reaction I'm gonna do something real original like and ask you point blank what does your rude tube decal mean anyway dude?

Just keepin it real Yo. And remember haters always gonna hate :wink:

benolium

by benolium

I like it :thumbup: Good luck finishing her up.

phatphuk

by phatphuk

realoriginallike wrote:... what does your rude tube decal mean anyway dude?

thanks for the props realoriginallike.

it means, very simply, that i love riding my bike(s). nothing more. nothing less. nothing deep. nothing satanic.

what it doesn't mean: it has no more to do with braggadocio, than it would if i had opted to put "sex.drugs.and.rock.and.roll" on it instead; to express how much i love those things. or "jesus.saves.souls" if i was some kind of jesus freak. in fact, on my next build, i'm thinking about putting "christ.on.a.bike!" all over it. then everybody would be happy. right?

:beerchug: indeed!

realoriginallike

by realoriginallike

phatphuk wrote:
realoriginallike wrote:... what does your rude tube decal mean anyway dude?

thanks for the props realoriginallike.

it means, very simply, that i love riding my bike(s). nothing more. nothing less. nothing deep. nothing satanic.

what it doesn't mean: it has no more to do with braggadocio, than it would if i had opted to put "sex.drugs.and.rock.and.roll" on it instead; to express how much i love those things. or "jesus.saves.souls" if i was some kind of jesus freak. in fact, on my next build, i'm thinking about putting "christ.on.a.bike!" all over it. then everybody would be happy. right?

:beerchug: indeed!

AMEN brother! :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phatphuk

by phatphuk

realoriginallike wrote:...rude tube...

by the way, realoriginallike; "rude tube" is pretty - well - real original like :lol: would you mind if i used it?