Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lyot

by lyot

I still owed this topic a pic of my 50mm Farsports carbon clinchers (weight: 1331gr)

TheSwan

by TheSwan

I've emailed Far Sports but haven't got a reply yet. I want to order the FSC50-CA wheelset in a matte finish, but there is no option to select the finish on Velobuild:

http://velobuild.com/velobuild-shopping-mall/wheelsets/catalog/show/148

If I ordered from Velobuild would they come with a gloss finish?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattah

by mattah

I have some 50mm x 25mm wide U shaped clinchers on the way (along with a 90g saddle and some cages). I'll try and get some pics up when they arrive.

hiro11

by hiro11

NGMN wrote:Any chance of pics Hiro?

My lowly Chinese bike, in a crappy phone picture from my dining room no less. A disgrace to all things WW.

Miracle Trade MC053 w/ well used 6600, these new wheels and a generic Chinese carbon cockpit. Cheap ass tires. Everything Matte 3K. Weighs in at right around 16.5 lbs as shown. Actually, I like this bike a lot.

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

TheSwan wrote:I've emailed Far Sports but haven't got a reply yet. I want to order the FSC50-CA wheelset in a matte finish, but there is no option to select the finish on Velobuild:

http://velobuild.com/velobuild-shopping-mall/wheelsets/catalog/show/148

If I ordered from Velobuild would they come with a gloss finish?

TheSwan, just now i had a try for the link you gave, on which have matte and glossy option. Yeah you should make it clear that you want.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

hiro11 wrote:Actually, I like this bike a lot.

That's all that matters. :thumbup:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

TheSwan

by TheSwan

kylefoo wrote:TheSwan, just now i had a try for the link you gave, on which have matte and glossy option. Yeah you should make it clear that you want.

Yes, it does now. Thanks for the heads up.

Nismo4x4

by Nismo4x4

Has anyone experimented with the Swissstop Black Prince pads yet? I'm in the process of ordering my 24mm U shaped clinchers and I'm curious if I should order a set of these pads.

tomaz69

by tomaz69

Anyone from Europe ordered from Far Sports? Wondering if there is any custom duties to import carbon wheels from China? Thank you

lyot

by lyot

tomaz69 wrote:Anyone from Europe ordered from Far Sports? Wondering if there is any custom duties to import carbon wheels from China? Thank you

I paid 80 euro to customs. My buddy did pay 20 euro's. I know people who haven't paid. So if you're lucky...

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

tomaz69 wrote:Anyone from Europe ordered from Far Sports? Wondering if there is any custom duties to import carbon wheels from China? Thank you

Tomaz69, for most of Euro countries, Custom Fee required if the commercial value exceeds 22US$ in total.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

tomaz69

by tomaz69

Thank you kylefoo for your reply - I was not sure because if I'm not wrong parts from Taiwan are free of custom duties.

angoose

by angoose

Anyone had any experience with these? http://www.wheelsfar.com/20mm-tubular-w ... p-232.html

Crazy light for that price. What is the weight limit for these wheels?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Got my pair of 88mm tubs from far sports yesterday. Ordered through the velobuild group buy w/ non-ceramic edhubs. Weights were 662/791. Delivery took about two weeks.Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elvis

by elvis

Question for kylefoo: I’m interested in the FarSports 38 clinchers and have noticed you are using CX-Delta spokes now vs. the CX-Rays. Can you tell me what the difference is in spokes?