scott foil sitback seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otis175

by otis175

I have the Scott Foil team issue and it came with the offset seatpost. I'm willing to trade with anyone that has a "0" offset post. This seatpost has the green stripe along the back of the post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kya

by kya

Edit: Disregard. Found a shop I can turn to.
Last edited by kya on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grill

by Grill

I thought that Frames 56 and larger came with a 25mm setback and smaller were 10mm setback...

kibsen

by kibsen

I have a 0 offset foil seatpost (foil 20 2013) that I trade for a similar 25 mm offset seatpost with or without the red graphic.

Or is there any alternative aftermarket seatposts ?

echappist

by echappist

kibsen wrote:I have a 0 offset foil seatpost (foil 20 2013) that I trade for a similar 25 mm offset seatpost with or without the red graphic.

Or is there any alternative aftermarket seatposts ?

not really. Scott charges a hefty $200 for the posts...

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

We need an official Scott Foil seat post trading section.

I could use a swap to a zero offset from my 25 offset.

Team edition with black/red gloss, red stripe down the back.

system787

by system787

I would like to trade my Scott Foil 20 (Black post, silver stripe) setback post for a zero setback post. Willing to pay shipping both ways. Located in California

echappist

by echappist

i'm gonna rue the fact that i joined this forum after i purchased a post directly from Scott (alas how i come to know about the price).

I was scouring other forums that I frequent (slowtwitch and paceline/serotta), looking for someone with whom to trade/ from whom to buy, and there weren't anyone around, and now i have a 0mm post that i'll have to sell when i could have just conducted a trade...

but i'll have to admit that it was only after reading the posts here on the Foil that i went with the Foil over a Ridley or anything else, so cheers to the troves of info on this place. :beerchug:

mann2

by mann2

echappist wrote:i'm gonna rue the fact that i joined this forum after i purchased a post directly from Scott (alas how i come to know about the price).

I was scouring other forums that I frequent (slowtwitch and paceline/serotta), looking for someone with whom to trade/ from whom to buy, and there weren't anyone around, and now i have a 0mm post that i'll have to sell when i could have just conducted a trade...

but i'll have to admit that it was only after reading the posts here on the Foil that i went with the Foil over a Ridley or anything else, so cheers to the troves of info on this place. :beerchug:

where did you get your setback post? i have a zero offset foil 20 post, but can't take up @system787's offer since im on the other side of the globe.

echappist

by echappist

mann2 wrote:
echappist wrote:i'm gonna rue the fact that i joined this forum after i purchased a post directly from Scott (alas how i come to know about the price).

where did you get your setback post? i have a zero offset foil 20 post, but can't take up @system787's offer since im on the other side of the globe.

local Scott dealer should do the trick. It's actually a bit convoluted: your dealer doesn't have it in stock, but you have to go through your dealer to let it contact the Scott rep in your country. Often times your dealer might not even know that it's an option, but it is...

Just a horribly ineffective system.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

I contacted my dealer, price $180. But they said they only could get the generic black post?!?!

I'm like WTF? How come I just can't order the Foil Team edition with red strip on the wide/back part in zero? Why just one option?

Anybody have info on that?

I don't mind paying the money, surely I would eventually find someone to buy my offset post...just wondering if my dealer is confused and not knowledgeable, partly because of Scott and their whole reseller chain weirdness.

Thx

mann2

by mann2

price is actually ok. i found this online in a competing site going for GBP180. A bit hesitant to order since i've heard horror stories of shipping from the uk to the philippines.

local dealer is not much help. singapore dealer pointed me to the local dealer. yep, pretty f'd up :)

thing is, 80% of the big sized foil owners need the zero seatpost while 80% of the small sized foil owners need the setback one :)

andylav

by andylav

Does anyone want to trade their layback seat post for a zero / inline post from a Scott Foil 40 (black post with white accent) in the UK ?

Cheers, Andy

marcello2000

by marcello2000

Hello.

I have a Scott Foil 20 from 2012 and would like to have a zero seatpost. Its also possible to trade with my setback seatpost. Shipping to/from Austria!?

Whats the difference betwen the pro and wcs version of the seatpost?

cheers, marcello.

pawnii

by pawnii

i have a Foil 20 zero seatpost. I would like a 25mm setback seatpost.
I'm from Australia.

Marcello, PM me if you're interested in a swap... or anyone else for that matter.

cheers.
2012 Scott Foil Premium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com