2013 NAHBS

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

KWalker wrote:Campagnolo>Shimano>Sram, forever. Sram is classless and just gross.

Fixed it for you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

KWalker wrote:I like Nick and his work, but this looks just like every other Crumpton. I guess this is the signature look though, so it works. I like the simpleness of his frames a lot. One day when I get loaded rich....

It does look the same: nothing flashy. But the weight numbers quoted in the story are impressive. And with Crumpton you know he's not cutting any corners in getting those numbers (not to say a heavier frame wouldn't be more comfortable).

Miller

by Miller

prendrefeu wrote:It looks like the brake levers on the English TT bike are located on the lower set of handlebars, both rotated to have the 'lever' parallel to the ground.

Those brake levers and brake pods are USE Tulas. Looks like Rob has butchered a set for his show bike. Stunning bike but I couldn't cope with pads and extensions that close together.

ave

by ave

That English is just magnificient.
Someone please put it in a wind tunnel together with current carbon one!

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

ultimobici wrote:
KWalker wrote:Campagnolo>Shimano>Sram, forever. Sram is classless and just gross.

Fixed it for you!

110% correct! :beerchug:

KWalker

by KWalker

LittleSprinter wrote:Did anyone go this year and snap pictures of the Gaulzetti booth? Curious what the other bikes were other than the stuff I've seen on Velonews.

same bikes, pastel colors.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

maggierose wrote:
ultimobici wrote:

Fixed it for you!

110% correct! :beerchug:

Touche. Up for debate, but as long as we can all agree that Sram belongs in some lower redheaded stepchild class then we're all ok
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

The English TT bike won BEST OF SHOW!

KWalker

by KWalker

I know I'm famous for hating on Guru, but looks like they stole Crumpton's expertise and ideas again by using the ridged and internally reinforced tubes. Wonder if they're still using the very thin, but very stiff/brittle modulus of carbon they used on the old frames or not. Shapes remind me a lot of the A2J frames.

Cool to see the Predator bikes display and its interesting that their entire elite team is racing on repaired bikes.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

coloclimber

by coloclimber

My favorite 2 bikes from the show.

-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

coloclimber wrote:Image
So that's the Serotta-built Huffy ridden by Andy Hampsten in in his '88 Giro d-Italia win? Well, I guess it is http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/historic-pro-bike-andy-hampstens-1988-7-eleven-huffy-giro-ditalia. This picture would fail WW board standards though, due to the bike being in the lowest rather than the highest gear.

Edit:Well, the link says the frame and fork were custom-made by Land Shark. So was this not built by Serotta? When did Serotta stop building the 7-11 Huffy bikes?

KWalker

by KWalker

id love to see an English in the wind tunnel just for the hell of it. Really cool designs.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

grid256

by grid256

Massive respect to Rob English.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

HammerTime2 wrote:
coloclimber wrote:Image
So that's the Serotta-built Huffy ridden by Andy Hampsten in in his '88 Giro d-Italia win? Well, I guess it is http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/historic-pro-bike-andy-hampstens-1988-7-eleven-huffy-giro-ditalia. This picture would fail WW board standards though, due to the bike being in the lowest rather than the highest gear.

Edit:Well, the link says the frame and fork were custom-made by Land Shark. So was this not built by Serotta? When did Serotta stop building the 7-11 Huffy bikes?

Serotta built most of them, Hampsten's were Land Shark. I had a colleague whose bike was an ex 7-11 "Huffy". Very purty!

eric

by eric

I don't recognize the cranks on the English TT bike. Are they custom too?
The BB shell looks very small diameter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com