...and now, for something completely different...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

phatphuk

by phatphuk

first off, i just want to express my sincere appreciation for this forum, which is renewed every time i visit this other forum. be warned! they are clearly run by right-wing fundamentalists. i have it on good authority that the admin is a paid shill for the Tea Party!

what am i talking about? you ask. you see, the admin of that forum doesn't allow any dissenting opinion from the party line he dictates. you will notice that 95% of the frames he allows to be posted there have a boys-from-brazil-like identicalness. the schmuck banned me just because my new chinese carbon frame is not matte black; or not a 3k or 12k weave; or not an fm-029 or an fm-015. or maybe its because its not one of their pinnarello dogma wannabe frames that they sell. they're also shills for several sellers from aliexpress.com!

now. where was i? oh yeah: here she is! straight off the boat (so to speak). i don't own a scale. but i can tell you, that going just by feel, it weighs virtually nothing! the bubble wrap and the sheets of styrofoam that they wrapped around all the tubes to ship it, weighed probably twice as much as the frame itself!

i eventually came up with different decals than those i posted in the first iteration of the design, but the original shapes of the paint scheme are there.

its not a perfectly flawless paint job. there's one little "rough spot". but being that they only charged me $80 for custom painting, i can live with it. i gotta give it to them, though - they nailed 95% of my custom design...

...they got the blue all wrong, but what are ya gonna do? [1]

...anyhow, its still better'n matte black :wink:

--------------
[1]what i've done, is i've ordered a second - unpainted - cervelo s5 knock-off frame from another aliexpress.com store. but i'm having that one painted by a local bike painter; he's nailed the exact color blue i want! i should have that one home about a week from now.
Last edited by phatphuk on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Won't lie, that chainstay slogan has me slightly disturbed...

lyot

by lyot

Using "Phatphuk" as brand would have been cooler as 'Dude' .. ;-) Apart from that, very cool project ! Looking forward to the end result

phatphuk

by phatphuk

Tinea Pedis wrote:...that chainstay slogan has me slightly disturbed...

hmmmmm...i could give you the name of a good shrink, if that would help :wink:

seriously though, for you, Tinea Pedis, and all you other non-native english speakers for whom the "play on words" of my chainstay tagline may be lost in translation...

...here's a crash course in american slang:

...the term was originally Eat, Shit, and Die naming the three most basic things humans have to do...

to wit...

some.soldiers wrote:sergeant: listen, private phatphuk! you have to report to the mess hall at 04:30 every morning for K.P. for the next 6 months! or else your ass is grass!

private (under his breath): i don't have to do nothing, sarge, except eat, shit and die!

...now, do you get it?

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

perhaps your legs will do the real talking.

good luck.

:beerchug:

fa63

by fa63

I am American and get the slang, but still I find it a bit disturbing.

As long as you are happy though, good for you.

phatphuk

by phatphuk

jz4nyc wrote:...perhaps your legs will do the real talking...

oh no you didn't!?!? :evil:

...since you had no way of knowing, that i am a para-athlete, i will try not to take your comment as an insult :x

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

looks awful in that colour scheme
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

redcard

by redcard

phatphuk wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:...that chainstay slogan has me slightly disturbed...

hmmmmm...i could give you the name of a good shrink, if that would help :wink:

seriously though, for you, Tinea Pedis, and all you other non-native english speakers for whom the "play on words" of my chainstay tagline may be lost in translation...

I have a feeling your shrink really isn't that good ;)

phatphuk

by phatphuk

fa63 wrote:...I am American and get the slang, but still I find it a bit disturbing...

Jeesh! what is this? did reverend lovejoy's sermon this morning give everybody a case of the holy moly's? or what? :roll:

stupid flander-esses!

:lol:

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

what, exactly, are you looking for from people with your frame design?

a pat on the back, or an opinion?

it tends to go both ways 'round here. so take the criticism along with the compliments.

let's see pics of the final build. :beerchug:

giant man

by giant man

the slang is fine by me, and that blue is gorgeous ...

phatphuk

by phatphuk

jz4nyc wrote:what, exactly, are you looking for from people with your frame design?

certainly not jokes about my handicap. that's for sure :evil:

Mike V

by Mike V

What is the pattern of the wallpaper on the ceiling?

phatphuk

by phatphuk

Mike V wrote:What is the pattern of the wallpaper on the ceiling?

is that your best shot? :unbelievable: surely, you can do better than that. i would have thought the wrinkly white sheet was an easier target :P oh well! whatever floats your boat :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com