"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

*facepalm*

Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

TuplaO

by TuplaO

It took me a while to see what was wrong with the picture, but when I did: DAMN! That's a profoundly weird look.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

ave

by ave

Are you God to judge him? ;)

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Are they all riding the Specialized Chicane saddle there? Just curious since it's one of the only one's Spec makes without a cut out
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Willier

by Willier

I must say, this Cervelo R3 looks rather smart. I do not know if those are just "classics edition" or will all r3 look like that all season

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

looks sweet, also mechanical dura ace...?

TuplaO

by TuplaO

I may be way off with this, but doesn't the fork crown area (or whatever it's called) look like it's a bit wider than the stock version? However, unless I'm mistaken, the R3 'Mud' is only used for P-R, so it may well just a reflection...

Ghost234

by Ghost234

There are 2 paint schemes for the R3 for 2013. One like that (with Ultegra) and one that is silver/white/black (105).

The 2013 Cervelos looked terrible in the initial pictures, but if you see them in person they actually look quite nice. I LOVE the look of the new R5, a nice matte black with some red highlights.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Why are they riding R3s?

Maybe lack of bikes after the Tour Med thefts?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

SolidSnake03 wrote:Are they all riding the Specialized Chicane saddle there? Just curious since it's one of the only one's Spec makes without a cut out

It sure looks like it but I don't see that color available. Only the white team version. I want to try this saddle as it's suppose to be their most comfort oriented saddle. It still has a center relief just not cutout.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

MattSoutherden wrote:Why are they riding R3s?

Maybe lack of bikes after the Tour Med thefts?

Since the R5 intro Cervelo/Garmin have still rode R3's regular/mud in the cobbled classics. Maybe because they're cheaper to replace if they crash, or the added weight helps on the cobbles?
Last edited by Pharmstrong on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

The middle of the three saddles doesn't look like a chicane but like the one Cavendish has been on. One of their mtb ones I think? Interesting Boonens chicane vs the one all the way to the left, the one all the way to the left having the red FACT logo on the saddle rails from the s-works model and not on Boonens. A lot of those guys seem to be rocking the chicane lately though.
Just ride ..

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Is it just me or are these shorts really short? (looks like hes wearing legwarmers cut down to make his shorts longer.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/omloop ... tos/253391

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com