fsa k-force cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

Millen wrote:This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter. Should be in store around Mar and officially lauch at coming Taipei Cycle Show. Good news for compact lovers, K-Force will be available in 110mm compact but date of release not confirmed.

Two new models still under testing are
1. K-Force MegaExo which has claimed weight of 660g including matching MegaExo outboard style BB. It's FSA's answer to Shimano 7800 crankset.

2. SL-K unidirectional carbon crankset. This cranks look similar to a Campy Record unidirectional carbon crank at a distance.

will the sl-k use outboard bearings? and from what i have seen that megatech BB is heavy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andrew

by andrew

They seem to be available now.... but only if you are sponsored by FSA:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... bl/Orbea_2

spytech wrote:Back to the Fsa K-Force when will they arrive??? will they be as stiff as their current cranks or perhaps stiffer. would be great if they reduced weight and made them stronger :shock:

spytech

by spytech

nice, so we now know they will be out soon. all we need to know is are they as stiff as the current line of superlight and team issue cranks?

cadence90

by cadence90

spytech wrote:
Millen wrote:This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter.....

will the sl-k use outboard bearings? and from what i have seen that megatech BB is heavy

What is the "lighter" construction of the K-Force? Is it foam? I wonder what the stress path through carbon/foam results in? What is the stiffness and durability?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

spytech

by spytech

cadence90 wrote:
spytech wrote:
Millen wrote:This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter.....

What is the "lighter" construction of the K-Force? Is it foam? I wonder what the stress path through carbon/foam results in? What is the stiffness and durability?

higher strenght carbon (uni-directional or something of that nature) or the way the carbon is layed. they are using less material i can assure you of that, but i dont think they are using foam inside (i hope not).

less material better carbon, and a better pattern to lay the carbon, is my guess. but i sure hope its not foam - or a weaker crankset. i would not trade stiffness for weight.

Millen

by Millen

The up coming K-Force MegaExo carbon crankset (Model: CK-8000E) has combine weight with BB of only 660g(claimed). This is 80g lighter than Shimano 7800 crankset. Just like Shimano it has CNC outer chainrings without see through holes. This product is still under testing, releae date and price is unknown.

The SL-K unidirectional carbon crankset (Model: CK-868E) has claimed weight of 530g. Just like a '04 Campy Record Unidirectional carbon, it will be injection molded which cut cost. I would expect this new crank design be cheaper than multi-layered carbon cranks. Again this product is still under testing, releae date and price is unknown.

K-Force carbon crankset (Model: CK-888E) should be in store soon. This new crank has no aluminum spine inner and completely filled with foam at the arms (the Superlight still has aluminum spider wrapped with carbon). Therefore it's even lighter than the Superlight. FSA has X-ray photos to show that the only aluminum on this crank is the thread for pedal and spline for the BB. Price should be about USD350 in Asia.
Not a real Weight Weenie but I like my bike lighter!

Greyhound

by Greyhound

Will there be a compact version of the K-Force MegaExo crankset? This would be very nice and very light!

simonali

by simonali

Is this the same as the FSA?

secularist

by secularist

simonali wrote:http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=K%2DForce+Road+Crankset+39%2D53&vendorCode=FSA&major=1&minor=13

bad-a$$!!! but why oh why do all the cool carbon cranks come out in 172.5mm first?!?!?! (I'm 6'5"...help a brother out with at least some 175's)
I miss my IndyFab Crown Jewel...