The Canyon love thread

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Valy
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 pm

by Valy

I think the difference is still the same - as in they have not just made 2012 slx into cf 2013.

The spec on 2013 CF is higher though - you get ksyrium elites where you would last year get ksyrium equippes.

by Weenie


hubert222
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 am

by hubert222

Valy wrote:I think the difference is still the same - as in they have not just made 2012 slx into cf 2013.

The spec on 2013 CF is higher though - you get ksyrium elites where you would last year get ksyrium equippes.


Hi Valy, thx for ur information. But i just bought the frame set. So 2013 Ult Cf = 2012 Ult Cf slx ?
The best Quality bike i had - colnago - c40, c50 , time -vxrs , bianchi, Look - 381, 585Ultra. giant- Adv SL isp
The Worst Quality bike i had - wilier Centro 1. (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 551&type=3)

Peter_E
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:39 pm

by Peter_E

I just asked the swedish Canyonrep and no difference between 2012 and 2013 CF framesets. In other words frameset is the same 2012 and 2013.

hubert222
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 am

by hubert222

Peter_E wrote:I just asked the swedish Canyonrep and no difference between 2012 and 2013 CF framesets. In other words frameset is the same 2012 and 2013.


thx peter, hope i can get my CF ASAP..
The best Quality bike i had - colnago - c40, c50 , time -vxrs , bianchi, Look - 381, 585Ultra. giant- Adv SL isp
The Worst Quality bike i had - wilier Centro 1. (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 551&type=3)

Privateer
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm

by Privateer

What is the largest tyre size that will fit into an Ultimate AL frame and fork?

Has anyone tried them with 27mm Challenge Parigi Roubaix or Vittoria Pave?

User avatar
Valy
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 pm

by Valy

Probably best emails Canyon direct. I got 25mm on Ultimate CF but not sure I'd wanna go any bigger as the chainstays and brake-tire clearance is pretty tight.

livio livius
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:32 pm

by livio livius

Privateer wrote:What is the largest tyre size that will fit into an Ultimate AL frame and fork?

Has anyone tried them with 27mm Challenge Parigi Roubaix or Vittoria Pave?


Not tried but have an AL 2013 and checked that 27mm should not be a problem.

Privateer
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm

by Privateer

Excellent. Thanks!

ultyguy
Posts: 2259
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Geneva

by ultyguy

Do....not....pull....trigger...

Hoste's Roubaix bike...
http://www.canyon.com/_en/outlet/articl ... o=A1037883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Privateer
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm

by Privateer

It's too big... thank god. My powers of self control would have been sorely tested.

ultyguy
Posts: 2259
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Geneva

by ultyguy

I know, was digging around the interweb for hoste's height and position to see if it would work. Funnily enough, he's listed anywhere from 178-183cm. I'm guessing closer to 183 side. His position never looked very aggressive at all though.

Also, from other pics, I think he ran conti 28s on this, prob longer fork rake too?

hubert222
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 am

by hubert222

Any canyon lovers riding 2013or 2012 Ult CF - size 58 ?
The best Quality bike i had - colnago - c40, c50 , time -vxrs , bianchi, Look - 381, 585Ultra. giant- Adv SL isp
The Worst Quality bike i had - wilier Centro 1. (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 551&type=3)

rhyslewisdavies
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 pm
Location: Wales, UK

by rhyslewisdavies

Here's my Ultimate AL 2013 - great training bike but so good that I prefer it to my Tarmac SL4 with 11 speed Record and Easton EC90SL wheels - thats how good it is - damn id love an Ultimate CF SLX with DI2!!
Attachments
Ultimate AL.JPG

mattyb95
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 am

by mattyb95

hubert222 wrote:Any canyon lovers riding 2013or 2012 Ult CF - size 58 ?


I've a 2012 Ultimate CF in a 58. Why do you ask?

User avatar
Roel W
Posts: 626
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:39 am
Location: Belgium

by Roel W

rhyslewisdavies wrote:Here's my Ultimate AL 2013 - great training bike but so good that I prefer it to my Tarmac SL4 with 11 speed Record and Easton EC90SL wheels - thats how good it is - damn id love an Ultimate CF SLX with DI2!!



Any better pics?
Did you build up the bike yourself or is it a complete off the shelf bike from Canyon?


Having an Ultimate AL 2010 myself I'm considering an extra Ultimate AL 2013 bike.
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
CANYON Ultimate CF SL 2014
CANYON Ultimate CF SL disc 2018
Instagram @coureurdusoleil

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post